PLEASE HELP!! Diamond Mountain

B

birdie9of18

I am not a big fan of what I am about to ask but life didn't allow for the time I needed to do this properly. I was drawn for the Diamond Mtn. hunt and I have not been able to make the trip up from AZ to scout. I know the area from the maps I have but I am hoping someone will be able to point me in a general direction. I know there is a good deal of private land up there and I am not a road hunter...5-10 miles on foot is fine if it gets me in the area I need to be. We will be camping near browns park but we will make it anywhere we need to be.

Is anyone that knows the area some willing to help me out?? I can return the favor if anyone has the desire to come down south to chase Coues deer. I got my 11yo on a 91 inch couse last week.

Thanks in advance!!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-07 AT 11:53PM (MST)[p]I've got some friends that have hunted this unit, I've got no info for you, but from what they say you should not worry - it is a small unit with tons of deer. You should be able to go in blind and not have too many issues finding deer. One family I know had 4 tags a couple of years ago, hunt was done on opening day, all bucks were 20"-24", never got more than a 1/2 mile from camp. Bucks like that are dime a dozen there, if you want something bigger you would probably have to know the area really good, there are a few that do and they probably won't give up too much info, this unit is not that hard to draw, I know a few people that just keep drawing it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I hope to find one a bit bigger but I have the entire hunt to do that.

A BIG thanks to those of you that sent me a PM...you have been a big help and you are welcome in my camp anytime!!

I'll second what steelie said. I guy here at work had an elk tag there last year, saw plenty of deer, lots of 4 points as described, he'd never hunted it or scouted, went in blind. Let us know how you do!

I am considering trying to get the Muzzleloader tag for this area next year. How did you do on your hunt? Any suggestions for me if I should get the tag?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom