MOST UNETHICAL ARCHERY SHOTS CAUGHT ON VIDEO!!!

RE: MOST UNETHICAL ARCHERY SHOTS CAUGHT ON VIDEO!!!

hey if you can make the shot and put in the vitals do it, but they can't and thats the point and i would be willing to bet you couldn't either.

So where can we buy all the footage that didn't make it on the videos? You know, all the piss poor shots that wounded game that they never found. There's hours worth I'm sure of it. Name your price, I want it.

This reminds me of the guy videoing himself hitting whitetails with his truck and posting it on the internet...or those of you that shoot 90 yard shots with your bow at game and post pics and stories and those of you that shoot 745 yards at elk and tell us all about it as if it's normal.

If you're going to be that stupid then please, keep it to yourself. Someday, you will realize your stupidity. Until then, good luck shooting....I mean hunting, right??

Yeah I've seen the Best of the West and would like to purchase the footage that doesnt make it on tv as well. At least they try to incorporate some thinking behind it but still wonder about all the wounded. If it takes you 3 hours to get to the dead, bloated animal, do you still eat it?....is it good? Congrats!

ha ha finally some people with there crap together like iv said when this post started with todays bows 100 shots are very possible practice makes perfect and these guys practice and are very good at what they do but not perfect name one bow hunter who is, so as said before hunt the way you want to hunt and let others hunt the way they want to hunt and dont bash them for the style they choose.

THE A TEAM

YOUR FIRST COMMENTS SAY ENUF!
So where can we buy all the footage that didn't make it on the videos? You know, all the piss poor shots that wounded game that they never found. There's hours worth I'm sure of it. Name your price, I want it.

You are clearly the kind of person that would buy, at any price videos with "piss pour shots that wounded game that they never found" end quote. Nobody ever said anything about them having on video wounded game that they never found. You might do yourself a favor and read back through the post, so you get your facts strait.

The facts are... They clearly feel that there arrows are able to hit the animal anywhere on the body and do an ethical job.
They can shoot through rocks, brush you name.
according to all of you guys with enuf practice you can take any shot any angle in any conditions...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 09:37AM (MST)[p]A person must have some very strong feelings on this subject to make their first post here on MM defending FMP. It seems like it might have got a little to personal to warrant this type of action from a guy. To say jealousy is the reason why people don't like FMP and what they do is way off base. I don't think very many if any posters here are jealous of what FMP does. From what I gather most people don't like FMP because of poor judgment calls and overall lack of respect for the animals portrayed in their videos.

You'll always have guys disagreeing on the "how far is too far" debate but that's not all this thread is about. The meat n potatoes of this thread is the poor shot selections these boys make and for someone to say it's based on jealousy is just silly. Sounds like people would feel the same way about these videos no matter what distance they shot. A poor shot angle is a poor shot angle no matter what the yardage. I can see someone making a mistake or 2 when they take a shot they shouldn't but from what I've read it appears these boys do it time and time again with no regrets. To top it all off for someone to advertise a poor placed shot as a good placed shot on a video is just irresponsible.

Amen HunterX, You hit the balloon as they would say in FMP.

you know people make mistakes thats bowhunting but when they make poor decisions and shots and are proud of it they should just be relieved they recovered the animal there attitudes are just that of the punk dooshy city boy utah hunters.

Yea like the shot on the goat in proof bad angle but what happened to that goat? can anyone tell me?? half you people on here haven't even seen these movies. So who's to judge? ....oh and by the way that goat dropped in its tracks,,bad angle,no respect, blah blah blah the animals dead who cares.....and yea this is only my second post i just had to get a user name and password when i saw this crap...ive always just read the post and looked at the pictures with no comment...You people are ridiculous. Look at the equipment these days, its not rocket science, the sport is changing just like everything else in this world, times change, ##### gets better....deal with it.

wow listen to this 16 year old punk, clueless and disrespectful that goat was luck he could have easily lossed it as they probably did with alot of the animals they shot at, once again maybe you'll get it this time, the equipment is there, they practice enough, enough to pop a balloon but not consistantly kill a live animal ETHICALLY. and that is what these videos prove, they prove they can't take or make an ethical shot at that distance, the goat dropped so did alot of animals they shot at it, and then they call it a heart shot, its hilarious,hearts are not in the spine and lungs are not in the guts, heart shots don't stop animals in there tracks,if you've made one you would know that

mulleykiller,
It really doesnt matter how old you, all you have to do is look at your hero(the camo mohawk guy) whos age is,well we dont need to say anymore about immaturity. It amazes me what kind of people not only enjoy but condone poor placement of shots on real live animals. What you dont realize is how many shots didnt make the CUT and how many animals died a brutal death because of the inability of guys like you (mulleykiller).
It will happen enuf at closer ranges, we dont need morons like you taking stupid shots.

It is a very sad day when we have lost so much respect for the LIVE animals we are hunting that the only thing we care about is getting an arrow in 'em.

Who cares if it is hit in the leg, butt or the guts? These are vital shots, aren't they? Who gives a chit if the animal suffers and it takes it hours to die? Sad, sad, sad.

I am very un-impressed with some of the people that call themselves hunters on this forum and I don't care what you say this type of publicity does negatively affect our hunting PRIVELEDGE.

Grow up and start respecting the sport and the ETHICS behind hunting.

WOW!!!

Pretty sure that goat was hit right in the back of the head, where they claimed it had been "fighting" when they got up to it. Now granted, you couldn't see it on the video so I could be way off, and if I am, I apologize now, but most animals that are lung shot with an arrow do not drop in their tracks like that one did.

This goes back to what I said originally...HONESTY. That is what FMP lacks. They take shots that are outside of their effective range. They are not honest with themselves about what that effective range is. And it's not limited to them. Lot's of bowhunters do the same, so I'm not throwing FMP under the bus. I would also admit that I have in the past been guilty of the very same thing. Shot a buck low and broke his front leg at 120 yards one year.....chased that deer all over hell and back trying to right my wrong and never got him.....felt like and idiot....was an idiot.....learned from my mistake and now I establish an effective range and stick to it. Since them my experiences have been much better.

With all of this said, we will all sooner or later make a poor shot that IS well within our effective range. It happens. But FMP shows shot after shot after shot with poor shot placement, which tells me they are shooting to far for their skill level. Not too far, but too far for their skill level. When they start dotting animals on film from long range I will gladly endorse their videos. They will be doing something that no one else does.

I know these guys personally. They are all good guys. I mean them no disrespect and wish them all the best. They are doing something that is extremely difficult, they work very hard at it, and my hats off to them for that. Just improve the shot placement on film, be honest when you get lucky instead of good (we all do that occassionally, there's no shame in it), and you will have an awesome product that no one else has.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-10 AT 02:44PM (MST)[p]I myself have become even more concerned with the ranges that the newer of us are taking shots at game animals. Although i enjoyed the extended hunting weeks greatly, i finally gave up bow hunting years ago after losing a animal on a perfectly placed shot at close range. Between these two major concerns of mine, this thread has left me even more distressed than ever and with major concerns.

Those that choose to hunt with primitive weapons enjoy special seasons. Maybe it's time to regulate, like other States do with Muzzle loaders, what type of Primitive Weapons and equipment may be used during these special seasons. These modern day Bows and all the Tech that goes into and on them, are by no means primitive. Let those that choose to hunt with the hi tech archery equipment, hunt the regular seasons along with rifle hunters and the lot if they still choose to. Primitive weapons season could be just that, a season for hunting with true primitive weapons, and maybe it would cut down on all this 80-100+ yard BS!!

Joey

sixth tine i love your posts i can just see you gettin pissed, why don't you give there number you obviously have it. because if you were'nt you wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail and take utahheadgear's posts to heart and learn something, from a guy with experience on both sides.

With all the "advances in technology" maybe next year Remington will make a rifle that shoots arrows out of the barrel. Then we could all take 150-200 yard shots!:)

I think we are missing the point of bowhunting.

One of my favorite quotes:

?In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of the woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game whets only his appetite. After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport."-Dr. Saxton Pope, 1923

Just my 2 cents.

no hard feeling here i think its funny as #### i would be defending anyone on this subject im not just defending FMP i just dont like to see people getting on here and talkin smack on people that they dont even know, like in my other post i say you hunt how you want to and let others hunt how they want to and we could all be a big fun lovin archery family ha ha

THE A TEAM

That is like a car thief telling an honest hard working person - Hey, you make your money how you want and let me make my money how I want.

The hardest concept I have ever had to get across in a discussion like this is that,by defintion, ethics are shared by those in a group.

If everyone can define their own ethics then there will be NO ethics-it's just a free-for-all.

Sounds like alot of these posters are just bloodthirsy kids without a clue.One day(one can hope)they will grow up...

The only videos I have from FMP are "The Ride" and "360". I don't remember a lot of unethical shots being taken in either of these videos. I will watch them both tonight and report back in the morning. I, of course, will need to watch American Idol first!

I like the style of the videos. I think they are a bit edgier. I think it just adds a bit to the video. I can take it or leave it. It seems these guys really know what they are talking about when it comes to angles and so forth from what I remember watching these about a year or two ago. Bottom line is that if bad shots are taken, they shouldn't be on video. i'm gonna watch them tonight.

Steve

i can't wait for your report, and i agree they know alot about angle and distances and i think there target shooting is great, but....... well just watch the video and make your own oppinion, the first shot on three sixty is the most ethical shot they had adn they SMOKED him right in the opposite hind leg."vitals"

I just watched the hunting sequences on "The Ride". The first hunt was an 80-85 yard shot and the buck was hit in the neck and went straight down. My concern with that is that he probably wasn't aiming for the neck. That means the arrow traveled some where around 8-12 inches out of his target area. If the arrow had gone in the opposite direction, you've got a gut shot or even ass-hit deer. The second hunt was a 60 yard shot straight across a canyon. The hunter shot the buck in front of the shoulder and they didn't recover the buck until two days later when they were out hunting with others and they spotted the already wounded buck. They ended up putting a final arrow in him. The next hunt was a very long, down hill shot at a buck in a clearing in some pines. The angle looked to be quartering away slightly but he made the shot. He said it was a tricky shot and he wouldn't suggest others make that shot. It took balls is what he said. They ended up finding the deer later in the afternoon after shooting it in the morning. The remaining hunts seemed to be good shots- not at wierd angles and not too far. I think that the first hunt was the most unethical IMO. There is so much room for error shooting at a broadside buck at 80 yards. The arrow can travel just enough to make it a really bad shot. At least if you're throwing an arrow at a quarterting away buck at a long distance, if you don't make a good shot, you'll more than likely miss the animal completely. I'll watch the 360 DVD later tonight and see if those hunts were any more ethical.

Steve

Wizsard,
That sounds about right. If my memory serves me right there only six kills on that video. That meens that 50% of the kills on that DVD were un-ethical kills, if that was 50% pay raise that would be great but when talking about hunting ethics thats flat out retarded. I say amen to CBEARD and to all you other good examples of ethical archers.
It is about time we speak up and stand up for what is morally and ethically right. It doesnt matter what the situation is we all need to stand for the right. Whether there tree huggers trying to stop hunting all together or the unethical hunters that are being lazy launching bad shots or guys driving vehicles where they are not suppose to. We need to keep alive the traditions that make living in the west so great.

To all the long range arrow flingers... Please see post 115 by sage, I CAN PROMISE YOU THIS IS THE EXACT OPINION OF MANY ON THE WILDLIFE BOARD IN UTAH AS WELL AS MANY RAC MEMBERS. Keep spraying and praying!!! THIS AFFECTS US ALL!!!!

Wiley,
I am nominating that for post of the
century on Monster Muleys!

Your are spot on.

haha 16 year old punk huh my point is times change eqiupment gets better. Why would surloc be making theses sliders sights that you can shoot up to 140 yards or so if your bow is shooting fast enough, why is hoyt making all these incredible bows shooting well over 300 fps? cause equipment is changing. Why are guys shooting rifles at 1000 yards these days? hell i remember when i started hunting an 80 yard shot with a muzzloader was a far shot. Now your shooting at 200 yards! Its all the same deal with it. if you dont like them dont watch there movies and do your own thing go watch mossback i guess. There movies are different thats why i like them not the same old ##### as everyone else and there dog is making. out west you just dont get the oppurtunity to get a 20 yard shot very often and its very tough bow hunting in this country. More props to ya if you get those 20 yard shots consistently...All i know is bow hunting is changing i think you people need to realize this.

I agree that the equipment is changing. But it is not changing enough to make sure that your arrow won't change its flight path over an 80 yard stretch. Too much can happen to an arrows flight in such a long distance that no matter how good the equipment is, that flight has a good chance to be swayed off target. I enjoy the videos because it is entertainment. Would I ever take some of the shots that those guys are taking? Not at this point in my bowhunting career. I haven't got that much practice at those kind of shots under my belt. Not sure anyone should if I'm being honest.

Steve

It's obvious that some people clearly have no respect for wildlife, that's their business. When they broadcast that disrespect and lack of ethics publicly for all to see, they become a liability and an enemy to the sport of hunting.

The fact that Hoyt sponsors the antics of FMP tells me that they agree with FMP's philosophies and style of hunting. That is enough reason for me to never buy another Hoyt. I used to retail Hoyts but never again for me. There's too many other good bow companies out there.

You are correct the equipment is getting better but contrary to rifle shooting your shooting off hand not from a rest. Like anything some can many can't. But when we keep making things like these video's, " the if he can do it so can I mentality takes over". What concerns me more than that, is the little skinhead I'm going to get in your face approach when somebody disagrees with you.

We had a family move in on our street a couple of years ago and the kids were absolute terrors. One afternoon they were racing their dirt bikes up and down the road and thru the neighbors yard. My neighbor a cop went out and asked them to stop and the one kid says we're going to do what we want got it. If you want to do something about it why don't you hit me and I'll kick your azz and sue you. About that time the neighbors brother who was visiting went out to see what was going on and another kid the oldest comes up and gets in his face. The guy tells them they had better back off or somebody's going to get hurt. The older kid pops him in the jaw. Well lets say he made a serious tactical mistake. He was on his ass with a broken jaw a few cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder in about 30 seconds. The cop was a swat team member but his brother was a Navy Seal. The other kid just got thrown to the ground but forcefully enough he realized he wasn't in control. Now these two little in your face tough guys 18 & 20 are facing assault charges, destruction of property, assaulting a police officer and a few other little charges just to round out their day, and going to find that conforming to society has it's benefits. Then their father comes walking up and says I'll make all of you pay for this you attacked my sons. yeah right

A lot of this crap starts in the home and just permeates to society. If your an ethical hunter fine be one that people will respect and teach your kids the right way so they know better. But realize this, if you're just launching them wounding animals to out do your buddy for that long shot eventually people will see you for what you really are and think of you accordingly. There's a lot of worse things in life than an unfilled tag. Some of you guys that think that the in your face approach is the way to go good luck. You'll still be wondering in 20 years why those other guys always seem to get the good jobs and your road seems to have a lot more bumps in it. Look in a mirror because you picked your path.

this is comady ha ha have no respect for animals? just because we choose to do somthing different. just because i decide to take a 90 yard shot doesnt mean i have lost all respect for the animals, and im not a good hunter haha , and cant hike lol, look at all the #### you guys are saying!!!

sixthtine,
One day when you are a more mature ethical hunter you will feel the same as the wise archers that are trying to share a few things with you. It not a matter of just sticking an animal. Its about placing a good vital kill shot on them. I just got to ask. What in you mind is a good vital shot on a animal? Meaning where on the body? I would say by the way you are talking it sounds like the FMP boyz are your heros, And there proof is in there pudding. Just look at there shots!
Did you get demoted to the B TEAM?

Anything by FMP(full moon productions). I would recommend atleast watching one, just so you can establish your opinion for yourself.

mature ethical hunter??? no the FMP boyz are not my heros matter of fact, and im all for taking advice from other archers that is how i have became the hunter i am today i have grow up around bow hunting my whole life and learned alot from my dad, grandad, and all of their friends, iv spent alot of time in hunting camps all around the states, iv guided elk hunters in colorado to hunting whites in nebraska,and have learned alot from alot of different people and been around alot of different styles, and with all of that put together and adding my own style to the mix i think i am a pretty damn good bow hunter. and as far as a vital shot, depends on the position of the animal we all know where the vitals are, its knowing where to place the shot and when to shoot

THE A TEAM

Is this unethical??

Damn, I think so! If that butt head wouldNT have blown this deers antler off I maybe could of had a chance to find the shed. What an A Hole!! LOL

Why dont we all agree to disagree cuz this post is just going in circles. FMP has a love hate following just like Mossback, some people love him some people cant stand him. The fact is it is never going to change.

THE ABCDEFGHIJKLMONPQRSTUVWXYZ TEAM!!!!!!!!!!

So you agree, that the FMP boyz have taken and made some stupid shots?

no i do not agree. we all take a risk of wounding a animal as soon as we release a arrow no matter what the distance from 20 to a 100

THE A TEAM

Sixthtine,

Above you stated:

"its knowing where to place the shot and when to shoot"

Can you honestly say, with a straight face, that FMP has illustrated in their videos thus far the ability to do just that? If so, you are a "liability" as some have stated. Think about it for a minute. Maybe watch the videos again. Be honest. Then give us your answer. I think you already know what it is.

I don't care how far they shoot. I care that they are honest about "knowing where to place the shot and when to shoot" as you have stated. And that rule should apply to everyone, everywhere, not just to FMP.

Later,

That why i asked about stupid shots. So you agree with taking shots with animals facing away from you? Or maybe the buck that they shot in the back of the neck in heavy buck brush, in the ride Dvd? I just want to get an idea as to what you think is a good shot.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 10:51AM (MST)[p]that last comment had nothing to do with fmp he asked me if i knew where the vitals are on a animal so i answered him. and as far as being a liabiity how so? i practice alomst everyday, i stay in shape in the off season and i make the shot count when i take it, i put in my hours with the DWR i am a member of mule deer and the elk foundation i apply for my tags every year just as everyone else, i dont break the law in anyway, so tell me how i am a liability???

THE A TEAM

You are a liability because you are willing to take a shot that offers a low probability of lethality and you see nothing wrong with that.

Just wondering what the A in your A Team stands for?

how do you figure??? you have never hunted with me!!!! like i stated before i practice the shots i know i am going to incounter in the terrain im going to be in and i make it count when i do shoot...

THE A TEAM

Very touchy thread i must say!
Discussions between archers and rifle hunters is like a debate between the Pope and the Mormon president.

The only comment i have is with all the archers saying they practice for countless hours, that can mean very little in actual killing situations (with either weapon).
If you beleive it won't ever happen to you, your lying to yourself.

I used to be an avid archer shot year round, had a 288 average, had sponsorships taboot....i was a "fanatic" at the sport i loved.
But guess what....i have had too many bad hits and lost animals over the years, and i decided to give it up.

My point is i don't care if you can shoot a solid 300 score on paper, a bad hit on a live animal is a bad hit, there's no "do overs" like on paper.....it just happens.

Not to be biased though, i have lost two elk with rifles over the years, so it happens there to.
But for me, i'd MUCH rather take the chance at a bad hit with my .300wby that with an arrow any day.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

i think most people on here are bow hunters just some cannot get it threw there head that what they are doing is not ethical, and it is easy to see that when guys like the fmp boys practice and know thee equipment up and down and can drill a target at long distances, cannot kill an animals at that distance ethically, and thats the main point some guys obviously are having there feelings hurt and can't get over that to understand.

What's ethical is totally up to the hunter.

There are no laws to say how far a hunter can take an animal.

I personally practice out to 120 yards. I love it! Try it, it's fun!

All the people that say that FMP is the demise of bowhunting and that kids aren't gonna have the privilege to bowhunt because of them or for any matter is CRAZY.

BOWHUNTING is a huge industry and IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Oh and by the way, it's not FMP pushing the envelope. IT"S THE MANUFACTURES!!!

Face it people, there will be a bow that shoots over 400 FPS, shoot, maybe even over 500 FPS.

Get over it and put your passion into habitat preservation or something that will really save the future of hunting.

shoot straight....

Haha finally someone that feels the same as me....good work zeddro...keep practicing up so when that giant steps out at 90 yards and ya cant get any closer because of the terrain....you can blast him!!

What unethical wanna be bow hunting bus did you fall off of??? Thats like saying that when you get busted for driving 95mph in a 25mph speed zone while under the influence that it is not your fault but the manufacturer of the vehicle you are driving. No accountability, no self control, that is the issue. If you guys want to take thoughs kind of shots maybe you should be hunting during the general rifle season!!!! You say it doesnt hurt the sport, well, your living in self denial. You guys are the guys that give us all the bad name. Dont give this story about how it is the manufaturer's fault that you and the rest of your buddies take the stupid shots that you do. Technology is great when you use your head...

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 12:46PM (MST)[p]Zeddro, Ever notice how it's always somebody elses fault except the guy shooting the shot with you boys! Here's a news flash it isn't anybodies fault except the guy taking the shot because he could have prevented it. The manufacturer didn't make you do it you did. There aren't any laws YET son and that's the part uneducated little guys like you don't seem to be able to understand. The end doesn't always justify the means.

Eventually some creative little guys with more brains than you will decide that he's going to restrict you in some manner. Problem is he knows how to write the law and not shoot a bow and then something gets legislated that's way more restrictive than it needs to be and it hurts all archers. NON hunters try to pass more legislation every day than you can read on the back of your cereal box of Wheaties or can read on the directions to your new adjustable sight. "Get over it" see there it is again that little skinhead mentality thing.... If it wasn't an issue there wouldn't have been so many states fighting litigation to stop archery hunting. I know that was somebody else's fault too right......

you can tell these guys are high school skin head punks walkin around with there mohawks and there earings thinking there hunters, i have never heard a good hunter call himslef a "damn good hunter", thats hilarious. you guys have not pulled the trigger on enough animals, obviously, to even understand. once again lets work on some maturity and listen to the guys who know and WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO. because i gaurantee you guys don't shoot that good or practice that much, and you obviously have worse judgement then they do so do us all a favor and stay on the range, and off the mountain. so we can decrease the number of deer running around with arrows in butts.

. because
>i gaurantee you guys don't
>shoot that good or practice
>that much, and you obviously
>have worse judgement then they
>do so do us all
>a favor and stay on
>the range, and off the
>mountain. so we can decrease
>the number of deer running
>around with arrows in butts.

Is that ethical to say that!!! Good hell, everything goes on this website. I know 110 percent how good of a shot sixthtine is. He is a hunting freak, hunts all around the country and is plenty good at what he does. For you to say something like that and not even know the dude is flat out stupid. Sixthtine killed an awesome muley last year at 71 yards! and a sweet bull last year at 20 Yards. OH did I forget to mention that he killed a kick ass moose a few years back, and what about some monster whiteys. This dude can kill ##### and does it ethically. The deer at 71 yards you might think is a long shot but good hell lets really be honest, its not that far 213 feet and he is shooting his bow at 300+ fps, that arrow is getting there faster than you can blink. Ya that deer might be able to bmove at that distance, just like it will move at 20 yards 10 yards, 30 yards 40 yards 50 yards.

SO who out there is going to put a limit on what somebody can or cannot shoot!
>

here's a little eye opener for all you guys that think the internet is a great place for your bravado. I think we'll all agree that the NRA is probably one of the largest organizations in the world to support gun rights. Well a while back in spite of their best efforts we had an issue with quite a few guns getting banned and all their hard work and effort was for naught. A few people orchestrated legislation that took away our rights to own many firearms that was in place for quite a few years with the ban. We got our rights back eventually but those forces are still at work trying to take your right away every single day. The antihunting lobby is bigger than the anti gun lobby was in those days and is much better funded. The archers really don't have an organization that is as large as any of them. Think it couldn't happen ........ think again. Notice I never told you how far to shoot because like I stated it's different for everyone but the antihunting lobby thinks 1 yard is too far to shoot and think archery is bad, way worse than guns. Still think you're invincible so did the NRA. We all learned something there boys and we want everybody to keep their rights to hunt even you.

once again the point is being honest with yourself. and punks running around with the who cares attitude launching arrows at animals in poor positions should not be in the hills, its no big deal on a target, on animal it mattters.i don't think 71 yards is to far, if you can make a clean ethical kill, thats great. i shoot a bow that shoots 323 with my hunting arrows big freaking deal. if you can get a deer at 80 yards broadside that has no idea your there and put it in the bioler, vitals, in my case lungs and heart other people may have other ideas, and kill that animal consistantly do it, but there is so many variables at that distance it has to be perfect, and i don't think he would wait for that, from the way he talks. So if that your attitude stay out of the mountains.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 02:06PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 02:02?PM (MST)

My all time favorite, prarie dog at 75 yards.

sweet i've seen those, looks fun as hell, and that kid can really shoot. so in your oppinion should that guy shoot at a live deer at 160 yards. or at one 100 yards away moving or facing straight away because that is what this post is about. so let me know and watch the movie if you haven't. and be honest with us.

.i don't think 71 yards
>is to far, if you
>can make a clean ethical
>kill, thats great. i shoot
>a bow that shoots 323
>with my hunting arrows big
>freaking deal. if you can
>get a deer at 80
>yards broadside that has no
>idea your there and put
>it in the bioler, vitals,
>in my case lungs and
>heart other people may have
>other ideas, and kill that
>animal consistantly do it, but
>there is so many variables
>at that distance it has
>to be perfect, and i
>don't think he would wait
>for that, from the way
>he talks. So if that
>your attitude stay out of
>the mountains.

SO what is your max distance. You just said 80 broadside, so would you be tempted at a 200 inch buck standing broadside perfect conditions at 100 yards? Assuming you couldnt get any closer and he had no idea you were there??

i wouldn't shoot 100 yards, but obviously anybody would be tempted at 200 inch buck and if conditions were perfect you more than likely could get closer.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 03:24PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 03:22?PM (MST)

Sixth tine, you say you know the vitals of the critter you hunt and where to hit.

Let's say this deer gave you this shot at 20 yards. With your bow, which dot would you aim at if you had a 20 yard pin for the fastest kill?

Technology is great if it's used right, but a curse if it isn't. If you don't learn any thing from this thread, I hope you learn that the power and speed is the bow's job, and the limitation of the bow is the hunter's responsibility. If you learned that, then rather than to use all that speed and power to shoot farther, use it instead to achieve faster and cleaner kills. I shoot one of today?s late model bows, and I rarely shoot over 30 yards at game, but 60-80 in practice.

Everyone who picks up a bow, holds in his hand a lot of responsibility. Bowhunting is different than rifle hunting and bow hunters need to learn that if they haven't.. Hopefully soon you will.

Have a good one. And let us know which dot you would shoot! BB

95100-dots.jpg

he would be about 12 inches higher than the black dot, drop him in his tracks right through the heart.

It's comments like these that make me laugh.

"BOWHUNTING is a huge industry and IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE"

and

"SO who out there is going to put a limit on what somebody can or cannot shoot!"

Maybe these posts were full of sarcasm but maybe you boneheads have never had to fight for anything. Bowhunting, riflehunting, horn hunting etc. is all political and if there is a group out there that doesn't want you to do something then you better be prepared to fight for it. This long distance shooting of animals is a fast way of getting the attention of groups that have more money and brains than you idiots.

Please show us where Hoyt says a hunting distance can be 90+ yards. The technology is there to SHOOT at those distances, not HUNT. Big difference.

>"SO who out there is going
>to put a limit on
>what somebody can or cannot
>shoot!"
>
>
>Maybe these posts were full of
>sarcasm

Ya there was a little sarcasm in my post, but in all reality who really is going to monitor the distance somebody decides to shoot their bow or rifle. This alone is not going to ruin it for everybody. It may draw attention from the antis, but I think other things bring more attention to the antis.

tufcntry said, "he would be about 12 inches higher than the black dot, drop him in his tracks right through the heart."

LOL 12" higher certainly might drop him in his tracks, spine shot, but certainly not hit anywhere near the Heart and you are completely out of luck is he hears anything or ducks the arrow. 12" higher? 12" higher?

You make a good point though. Some of you guys believe the bucks heart is where ever you happen to hit him with an arrow. Any hit is a good hit, Right? There are veins and arterial matter all over that buck, Right? Just hit him, he'll bleed out, Right?

I hope you guys grow up and get a clue. If the future of hunting is in your hands, i know true, won't be long before it slips away to all but the Robin Hoods in the Kings Forest.

Joey

For hell sakes you guys!

Come July---go down to Snowbird and get very-very 'Humbled' by the FMP guys on the 3-D shooting range....

Sorry..... but no--you cannot ride your Quads to the shoot from spots.....

Ya gotta Earn it fella's----earn it...

Robb

hey if its dead what does it matter right? right in the heart!

hey look another guy that doesn't get it, we all agree these guys can shoot like crazy but if you watch the videos they can't do it when its a live animal, they make heart shots like wiszard. i'll see you at the shoot.

Hey WIZ,
What did you think of the 360 video? I would love to hear your take on that one.

tufcntry- Hell no, thats not me! I'm not sure where I picked that picture up from but it's been on my computer for years. I really can't figure out how that shot was made. I'm really surprised that the arrow wouldn't have skipped off of that bucks forehead. It must have been at just the right angle that it hit squarely. The archer in the picture looks as puzzled as I am.

Steve

damn i was hoping you could tell me that, maybe if you scooted back to 80 yards with modern bows would stick it in there.

i love how tufcountry is attacking me like im the one shooting in the vids its pretty funny, but anyway back to the pic if im 20 yards from that buck i put me pin about a inch lower then that black dot and that would be your heart shot ill be back in a few to continue

THE A TEAM

hell lets not get to worked up i don't want anybody crying.

This is a great topic to "discuss", not to fight over.
Lets act like adults here or this thread will get locked.

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

RUTTNBUCKS- I haven't had time to watch 360 again yet. I may watch it tonight if I'm sober enough! HaHa.

Is sixthtine "Launch"? I thought bringing up the nickname might be a bit unfair and rather pointless seeing how it could be taken in a couple different ways. If you are "launch", in the first hunt on "The Ride", you made that 80 yard shot on that buck. My question is did you take into account that maybe with the windage it was too risky of a shot? Do you remember the specifics of that hunt and what the elements were like? Did you hold farther back on the deer and the wind carried the arrow that far off target? Thanks.

Steve

hey i don't know if he was launch i was just messing with him because he was supportive and fighting tooth and nail earlier, and i'm not out to attack anyone i was just gettin ya riled up sixthtine.

thats even more funny you really think im launch ha ha once again i have no ties to FMP other then knowing the guys thats it but think what you want tufcnty, and how can you sit there and talk smack to a total stranger you have never met me you have no idea who i am at all if you want to talk smack do it in person not sittin behind a keyboard

THE A TEAM

"Anybody seen Launch?" HaHa

No biggie....I thought you were being serious calling him that. I'm not here to attack anyone...just giving my opinion. I have not bowhunted and spent enough time in the field to say who can do what and with what equipment. What I know is that I have been bowhunting in Ca for 6 years and didn't take my first shot at a buck until the third season. I did not hit a deer until the 38 yard nearly broadside/almost quartering away shot that hit his right front shoulder and turned the complete opposite direction and embedded just under his skin down longways along his ribcage. It was like the magic JFK bullet except it was an arrow. The buck ran about 100 yards and I watched him bed. I waited for about 2 hours and went and found him. I have no idea how that arrow did what it did. I was using a Muzzy 100 grain and I still can't explain how the arrow deflected off his fron shoulder and still had the energy to run down the length of his body just under the skin. Anyway, I haven't drawn blood on any other deer since. I know my limitations and what is an ethical shot for me. I don't personally know anyone that should be taking 80 yard shots but that doesn't mean under the right circumstances it cant be done. I do know that most should not even think about a shot like that.

Steve

I couldnt agree with the Wiz more. I really like this website because it allows all of us to share our thoughts and opinions, although it gets heated at times. I think we all can agree that we all want to be hunting 20 years from now. At the end of the day its not what we've done its who we are, Its not what we shot, its the challenge we embarked in and the experiences we enjoyed during the HUNT. Technology has helped us gain some advantages in getting the shot, but limite our experiences FOR THE SHOT, I feel is cutting ourselves short of some awesome experiences. I do appreciate all the wise council that has been shared on this thread. TT

Deadi, LOL, i saw that too and agree with you!

He was probably "Shitfaced" as well! :)

Joey

All I got left to say is sorry to the FMP guys,, Alot of these MM members are never going to be pleased no matter what or how good of a video you put out. They are the type of know it all, been there done that, keyboard warriors that just complain period. Their like a bunch of hormonal women - You cant win for losing- I have your entire collection and can't wait for the one to come out this year. See you boys at Snowbird.

Sixthtine is a lot better hunter than he's making himself out to be in this post...and I can guarantee you he's a more accurate shot and consistently better than 99% of the bowhunters on this site including myself. Only reason I'm defending him is he's an exception and one of two people I know with a setup and skill to kill longer range than most. IMHO he's a better shot than any of the FMP guys...

Sixthtine, all the positive talk about this subject makes others who have a LOT less bowhunting experience than us "think" it's ok for them to do it because they "think" they have the same skills and "think" they practice as much as we do long range...keep doing what you're doing if you want to but dude is there really any reason to try and justify it for others??

~Z~

as i said before they are not telling every person that bow hunts should go out and try what FMP is doing. for some people it works and for some it doesnt, keep shootin the way you want to shoot and let other shoot the way they want to shoot and dont attack someone for voicing their opinion i see both sides of this tread ya im not for the guy who picks up his bow a day before the hunt and goes out and tries to shoot 80 90 100 but for others who shoot everyday and try to perfect their skillz im all for it if you shoot enough to KNOW you are accurate at that level then shoot away aim small miss small

THE A TEAM

I just wanted to weigh in on this subject, so I did.

What they are doing is going out and showing everyone it's okay to take marginal shots at extreme distances and that is not okay. Whether they tell anyone else to or not they obviously can't do it themselves correctly enough, often enough to make it acceptable. Whether you can hit a target at 100 or not does not even begin to take in the variables of shooting at live game. Yes I practice out to 100 yards myself and have been bowhunting for well over 20 years. I also show self restraint and don't attempt every shot just because it's there. Hopefully one day you'll get it.

Don't expect people to sit back and be quiet when their sport is being trashed, wrong is wrong and you can expect to be told when it is. Egos may belong on the football field or the golfcourse but not on the hunt. How you choose to hunt is your own personal decision but when you put it on a video for all the public too see then it affects everyone, pro or con and is basically public domain to comment on.

When guys would come in a week before bow season to buy a bow so they could go hunting I refused to sell them a bow and explained why. It's great you practice to 100 and can hit a target. Archery should be practiced year round. I also believe there should be a skills competency test regardless of weapon type used before anyone can get a license. That's how it works in much of Europe.

Hunters need to show their best side to the public whether they like it or not. Hunting on public land is not a guaranteed right and can be taken away from all of us with a stroke of the pen and believe me there's many out there who would like to see that happen and will use any excuse they can to make it happen. You can pretty much bet that if you're under 40 you will in your lifetime see all hunting banned from public land.

tell me what you would like to see on this test ????

THE A TEAM

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 08:53PM (MST)[p]I like the way Norway does their proficiency test. It is for residents only but you must shoot a moving target (moose) offhand and if you don't qualify you don't get a hunting license. Many people fail it first time around. It would be structured differently for archery but include shooting at unknown distances and angles. I think you should have to qualify for whichever type of weapon you use bow/rifle/muzzleloader and make it reasonably difficult. This would weed out most of the problem hunters.

Realistically this will never happen. DWR is too lazy to do decent winter herd counts and a yearly proficiency exam would be a monumental task.

As it is now hunter safety is a joke at best. I appreciate people that put enough time into being good with their gear, not enough do, but they also need to know when to pass up a shot and when to take one.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-10 AT 08:59PM (MST)[p]Here's more detail on Norway's proficiency test.

For hunting
To obtain a hunting license, the applicant must complete a 30 hour, 9 session course and pass a written multiple choice exam. The course includes firearm theory, firearm training, wildlife theory, and environmental protection training.

Once the exam is passed, the applicant may enroll in the hunter registry and receive a hunting license. The membership must be renewed each year, through license payment. The hunting license is brought to the police station, where the applicant fills out an application for obtaining the proper firearm for his or her hunt. After evaluation, part of the application is sent back to the applicant if it was approved. Upon approval, the applicant can take the returned form to the store and purchase the firearm listed in the application.

For sports shooters
The qualification process for sporting is theoretically easier, but requires more time and practice. The applicant must enroll in a firearm safety course, lasting at least 9 hours. The course includes a written test, but is shorter than the hunting exam, as it only deals with firearm safety. Two thirds of the course is completed on the shooting range as practice. The passing of the test results in acceptance to the approved gun club, and a license for competition. However, while the hunters can obtain their firearm almost at once, sports shooters must prove their intentions to compete by actively training or competing in the gun club. This means regular attendance (at least 15 times) at gun club training over the course of six months. The applicant must use firearms owned by the club or borrowed at the range for this period. After six months, the applicant may apply for weapon ownership. The start license and a written recommendation from the gun club president are brought to the police station, and the competition class is filled out on the application. If approved, it will be returned to the applicant as with the hunter license.

In both cases, if the application is rejected, the applicant is allowed an explanation of the reason, and an appeal.

The shooting test must be taken each year for a hunting license.

"Ya there was a little sarcasm in my post, but in all reality who really is going to monitor the distance somebody decides to shoot their bow or rifle."

I hate having to explain EVERYTHING but here it goes again.

Nobody is going to monitor the distance somebody decides to shoot their bow or rifle. They will monitor the ridiculous videos that get posted, sold, viewed etc. These idiots that shoot too far at game are complete morons but the idiots that post videos of it are remarkably dumber. People will also monitor pics with head shot animals both wounded and dead and yes, I could go on. Maybe a few more years of life's experiences will help you see the light, but probably not.

deadibob I appreciate where you are coming from but a proficiecy test is a terrible idea IMO because:

1)It opens the door for more and more controls over hunting which is VERY dangerous; and

2)It sends the message that hunters are incapable of policing their own sport, that hunting is an unsafe activity and that wounding rates are high-which statistics show is simply not the case.In other words,why deal with problems that largely don't exist?There is enough of that going around in government already IMO.

That is why the stuff being promoted on this thread is so dangerous-because it creates the impression hunters are laughing,immature bloodthirsty idiots when that is really not the case at all for the vast majority of hunters. The good hunters just by and large are not interested in video/TV self-promotion.They just want to hunt.

And guys,you might as well quit arguing with the long-range whippersnappers.It is like mud wrestling with pigs-the pigs enjoy it and you both get dirty.

I don't like to call people out but, deadibob your last two comments are complete garbage.

"When guys would come in a week before bow season to buy a bow so they could go hunting I refused to sell them a bow and explained why."

I guarantee you this does not happen and if you do, you are very ignorant.

"You can pretty much bet that if you're under 40 you will in your lifetime see all hunting banned from public land."

I can promise you that this will not happen.

What gives you the right or the forsite to promise that will happen? You dont know how stupid people ie politicians are. The point that he was trying to make which you did get, was we all need to do our best and be on our best to hopefully prevent that from ever happening. NEVER SAY NEVER

the test is a bad idea that just gives them more control over the hunting world.. and in the case of the test that you posted why in the world would you want to teach people to shoot at moving amimals wasnt this post about ethical shots?????

THE A TEAM

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-10 AT 11:05AM (MST)[p]Bowhunting by it very nature is a close range endeavor. At least it should be. If we as hunters learn to respect its very essence, we will not only be able to have long seasons, but will be able to increase our opportunity in some instances and under certain conditions.

It's not the peta people who are going to curtail hunting, it is the main stream, reasonable citizens, who don't choose to hunt, but at this point allow us to do it. That takes in about 70-80 percent of the general population.

If we as bowhunter portray ourselves as caring, kind, ethical hunters and we show proper honor to them, their property and the animals we hunt, they will be our biggest asset. But if we as bow hunters are perceived (the bad apple spoils the whole bunch)as long range, hit it and hope to get it, type hunters, our seasons and our opportunity will diminish.

If a person learns to get close to his quarry, learns not only how to shoot, but where to shoot, most animals will die within a few seconds and not many yards from where they are hit. That is all but impossible with long range shooting, even by the best shooters. Bowhunting is far more about hunting than it is about shooting. Shooting is the last small part to the puzzle. Many believe it is the big piece and thus if they can shoot well, the SKY is the LIMIT.

Hitting bull?s eyes at 20 or 30 yards is much easier and happens way more often at that distance, than it does at 100 plus yards and that is not taking into account all the variables of live animals under hunting conditions. Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks shooting at a 3d target at 100 yards, on a course and shooting that same distance at a live animal, under hunting conditions, are EQUAL or even SIMILAR, are gravely MISTAKEN.

Let's have a contest at our archery range. (BWB) I am sure I can arrange this with the Board.

You long range bombers pick the guy you think is your best shot, and us guys who think short range shooting will pick a good shot to represent us.

Let's get a metal target made the true size of a deer with only the true size vital area cut out. Let's give each guy 12 arrows to shoot. The close guy will shoot from 25 yards and your elected shooter from one hundred yards. Both guys get a point for each vital and they continue to shoot until one has ruined all his arrows. The guy that still has arrows to shoot at that time is the winner.

Who do most of you think will win, or if you were a betting man, who would you place your money upon?

Have a good one. BB

BB
Im going to put my money on the HUNTERS CHOICE SHOT(25 yard shot). I love the challenge to get close to the animals and cant even imagine taking a 100 yard shot at a screaming bull elk. Im with you BB

I'm willing to bet the close range shooter will outshoot a long range shooter at any distance. Can we practice on live animals?

Is it really rocket science that you will shoot tighter groups at closer ranges no matter what hi-tech equipment you are using?

Wow 200 posts. I think this is the highest number of reply's on a subject I have seen without it getting nuked!

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

It appears as though things are starting to slow down on this thread, and so I would just like to say that yes this was my first time posting on MM. It was the first time that I felt strong enuf about something that I had seen and just wanted to know if I was the only feeling the way I did about these 'NEW AGE MODERN SO CALLED ARCHERS' and there so called ethics. I have been educated by several of you wise archers in the past few days. Through this thread I have learned that we are still the majority atleast on MM, and that makes me happy. For thoughs new age archers I hope that you to have taken SOMETHING from this thread. May the good Lord Bless all of you as you go out in search of that once in a lifetime hunting experience and may your arrows fly fast and true. Peace out, TT

I really like the competition deal. I'll put my money on the good shooter out to 25 yards as compared to the excellent shooter who shoots every day out to 100 yards.
Also, I quit buying FMP videos after the first one. Its simple, don't support what hurts our sport. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom