Draw results

ithink i was way off last year but i can't remember what it was. pretty sure i was holding to "after the 4th of july" and they surprised me getting them out in june? but i can't quite remember.

I'm hoping for anything before the 4th of July so I'll chime in and say they give us our "unselected" emails Friday June 28th.

They posted M/S/G 6 business days after apps closed...last few years have been late june...I'd guess no later than late June, but there is some rationale for next week...

Garbage hunt for the last 5+ years !! Killing 500 plus 2 points every year lions & yotes taking that many or more, doesn't leave much for a gene pool !! Another FANTASIC Idaho Fish & NO GAME deer Management PLAN !!!!
Yeah. I live in Owyhee County and agree 100%. Foo&Goo is all about the money so they can drive new trucks every other year.

Garbage hunt for the last 5+ years !! Killing 500 plus 2 points every year lions & yotes taking that many or more, doesn't leave much for a gene pool !! Another FANTASIC Idaho Fish & NO GAME deer Management PLAN !!!!
Not to mention the wolves that are up there.

The wife had a bull tag in 41 a few years ago. Was glassing and saw a buck running about 4-500 yards out. He was hauling ass and I wondered if another hunter spooked him when I noticed a black wolf chasing him. Idk anything about an established pack but I know there’s wolves in the Owyhees.

I would expect Wednesday is the earliest at this point. Idaho and South Dakota both use the same vendor. I got an unsuccessful email for SD black hills last Friday but still nothing on west river deer. I’m guessing they finish that draw tomorrow then Idaho Wednesday, but who really knows. South Dakota deadline was 12 days after Idaho though for what it’s worth

Anyone hunted unit 40 during archery for deer ?
I saw a 190” typical and a, no ****, 230” non-typical we affectionately named “The Trash Man” in two days from the same spot while scouting for sons elk tag, during archery. This was way back in ‘07.

Wish I would have had my phone scope then. Heard that hunt isn’t what it used to be. Another friend killed a 215 class w a bow there around 2010.

It’s possible. Good luck.

I saw a 190” typical and a, no ****, 230” non-typical we affectionately named “The Trash Man” in two days from the same spot while scouting for sons elk tag, during archery. This was way back in ‘07.

Wish I would have had my phone scope then. Heard that hunt isn’t what it used to be. Another friend killed a 215 class w a bow there around 2010.

It’s possible. Good luck.
Thank you !

So as a first post, I drew a Unit 42 elk tag this year. I am a resident and have been putting in for a long time. I have been deer and antelope hunting in the unit years ago, so am not completely unfamiliar with the area, but it's been many years since I've roamed around out there.

45 archery bull tag for me and late season rifle tags in 43 for my sons! They are 12 and 14 and they are excited to say the least. It's going to be a busy fall.
43 is a good hunt for teens. Plenty to chase, less worries about monsters, though some are there. Maybe middle boy filled his first tag there.

Drew a great tag I didn’t mean to put in for , for a weapon I don’t own…. Guess I’m buying a muzzle loader
For a guy who puts in for the toughest units every year I think you got lucky by accidently applying for the muzzleloader hunt. Looks to me like whether it' mule deer or elk you'll be hunting in the rut!!
You might of even drawn my tag!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom