Results Out Soon?

Curious….what makes a LQ cow tag good or better than others?
On a good LQ cow tag it is easy to find and kill an elk. Some areas are easy access some areas you can ride for miles into the back country and have a hard time finding an elk. For example area 97 has leftover tags every year, the elk are usually 10+ miles in the back country. When the elk come out of the high country they get shot at and go right back up.

No bull or deer for me this year. I did draw a mid-tier antelope license. And a cow license that's near 100%. I have contacted over a dozen friends and no one drew a bull license. One guy drew a mule deer in a 60% area. And one other party drew antelope. My wife did draw a whitetail license but those odds are pretty good too.

Tough year for us. But I will still shoot a cow and hope to chase a general season mule deer buck.

Never know what people are going to do (jump units, stay or put in regular or special). Unit 130 has been max points for years and no non resident tags for regular draw the past couple years I believe. This year no one put in with (18) max or even one or two point under. Only one person put in with fifteen points and drew the only tag issued to non residence. Only 11 other people put in for that one tag in special. Higher price has changed the thinking!!!
That and all the deer died.

No bull or deer for me this year. I did draw a mid-tier antelope license. And a cow license that's near 100%. I have contacted over a dozen friends and no one drew a bull license. One guy drew a mule deer in a 60% area. And one other party drew antelope. My wife did draw a whitetail license but those odds are pretty good too.

Tough year for us. But I will still shoot a cow and hope to chase a general season mule deer buck.
I hope you find a gnarly old buck sir , good luck !!
We'll be getting some cows down early this year we hope.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom