A11/X6A Scouting

Woke710

Been seeing some good bucks this year getting my gramps lined up

IMG_3201.jpeg

IMG_2548.jpeg

Sadly, those bucks will probably die on the highway. Nothing goes with alfalfa like a semi at 65 mph.

There are several hay operations along highway 395, and many of the deer found on them during the summer end up on the wrong kind of grill. The problem was worse in the 1970s and 80s when there were more deer. One could expect to find one or more dead deer every morning just on the stretch between Milford and Doyle. Even today, I would guess the highway kills more deer than legal hunting. There is a fenced area to the south to protect migrating herds, but nothing between Bass Hill and Herlong where it is needed most. Next on my list would be the section of highway 89 south of McCloud and highway 299 between Round Mountain and Hatchet Mountain, especially since SP has sprayed all of the broadleaved plants except right alongside the highway. A lot of people blame predators, but the biggest problem in our area is habitat quality as deer browse is eliminated and traffic increases.

Sadly, those bucks will probably die on the highway. Nothing goes with alfalfa like a semi at 65 mph.
Sadly you’re right but the past 4 years I’ve been watching these bucks and they have made it every year knock on wood. I missed this big buck last year (didn’t shoot cause never got a shot at big buck) but my gramps ended up pulling an a11 tag again this year so we’re gonna try to make it happen! Then I’ll help urinetrouble if he ends up needing me.

Sadly you’re right but the past 4 years I’ve been watching these bucks and they have made it every year knock on wood. I missed this big buck last year (didn’t shoot cause never got a shot at big buck) but my gramps ended up pulling an a11 tag again this year so we’re gonna try to make it happen! Then I’ll help urinetrouble if he ends up needing me.
Thank you...I'll need ya! Definitely a learning curve for me!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom