16B post fire?

BigPig

Very Active Member
I have a 16B 3rd bow tag and am wondering how I should strategize my hunting post fire. Has anyone been in there since the burn?

i have been trying to find out the same thing. I have found alot of info on the fire just no post fire info. I read that only about 14% severly burned and the other 86% was a light to moderate burn. Not sure how accurate this is, but im sure someone has been in there and can verify this. Good luck you got a fun hunt Ill be there for the second bow hunt. cant wait!!!

Nate is that you?

The burn will be your friend. It will rain in July and new burns will bring in the elk.

That's me! Hey Paul. I do think the burn will be largely beneficial, but from what I hear there are some parts that burned so hot it's just moonscape. Just curious to know if the typical annual movements of the elk will still be largely the same, or to expect total change? Will info I'm getting from prior tag holders still generally hold true? That sort of thing. I guess no one will know unless they've been in there personally since the fire.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom