Yummy!!

Long Time Member
So I got a craving for some red meat and did a little research on the interent. Got up Saturday and went down to the butcher shop and picked out an 8 pound prime cut prime rib. Now, you'll pay a price for the prime cuts but as it turns out you'll notice a considerable difference in the end product.

Here is the prime rib, coated with a liberal amount of kosher salt, and a bit of pepper. Some like to add other things such as garlic but for the price you pay I really like the taste of the meat and not much else. I'll save the herbs and spices for the lesser cuts of meat I eat.

PrimeRib021.jpg

Next thing I discovered was that a digital thermometer is worth its weight in gold when cooking a prime rib. I got this thermometer that has a remote pager you can set down on the table next to you. It allows you to leave the kitchen, watch tv, and still see whats going on in the oven.

PrimeRib031.jpg

And a little bit of time and research paid off. Now I'm no culinary expert, but for once I made something that was every bit as good as you can get in the steakhouse.

PrimeRib045.jpg

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them. --Ronald Reagan

Good job there 1911. Make my mouth water!!!!
Another way to try this is to put it in your BBQ pit with indirect heat. I use oak wood. The flavor is unreal!

"Thanks climate PhD 202" - TFinalshot Feb-05-08, 02:16 PM (MST)

DAMN!!!

COOK THAT THING FOR ANOTHER HOUR & I'LL BE OVER!!!

MMMMM.......!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

My old man is a butcher meat cutter with 35+ years experience. Prime Rib is nothing new in his household. He has a herd of cattle and "surprises" us each year with a beef for the freezer. All beef is good, but I love reaching in the freezer and pulling out the prime rib to cook up. Looks like you did an awesome job. You should try hanging one in a barrel to cook it over briquettes. Awesome! Also, looks like you cooked it to perfection. Prime Rib should always be served bloody!

"success Is Reason Enough!"

Cook it another hour???? Bobcat, remind me to never waste a good piece of meat on you. You can eat ungraded beef and not know it from prime grade with the way you want to incinerate it. :)

Yep, its cooked pefect as is..

Just knock its horns off,wipe its nasty ass and chunk it down here on my plate...

horsepoop.gif

BuckSnort said;
Just knock its horns off,wipe its
nasty ass and chunk it
down here on my plate...

LOL!

Me too, I like mine rare!, can get by just fine with med-rare.

Medium to well done, unless i'm a guest, i'll pass. Might just as well eat a hunk a dry burger.

Great looking dinner there Pard!

Borrowing a Ron White line that goes something like; My wife started cooking better once she figured out that, that smoke alarm isn't a TIMER...Ah, that'a classic! lol

bet you'll see that corn twice!
where's the bone, horseradish and french bread, wine?
rm

WELL BOYS!!!

I'M NOT MUCH OF A VAMPIRE!!!

I DO NOT DRINK BLOOD!!!

I'M SURE JACKMASTER WILL BE QUICK TO TELL YOU HE DON'T CARE IF WHAT HE'S EATIN IS BLOODY OR NOT!!!

GEEZUS HE'S SICK & TWISTED!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Well, Bess, Sam I am did not think he would like Green Eggs and Ham either. So maybe you should just try it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom