Wyoming unit 98 elk

thnksno

First time posting on monster muleys. Been a long time lurker and I appreciate all the information this site brings to the table.

I was just curious about unit 98 for elk? I have 3 points and I noticed it is pretty easy to draw. I also noticed that the Rifle season starts on 9-20. From what I have read it looks like it is about 90% public land and has decent access.

Can anyone tell me something I am missing about this unit and if it would be something a guy should apply for. I was mostly wondering why know one applies for it? I have to be missing something.

thank you

It's a big unit but during that Sept season only about 15% is what you would call tradititional elk habitat. Then about 60% of that 15% is wilderness area which limits most nr applicants unless they want to hire a guide.

Thanks for the response! I was wondering about that. I see the northeast part of the unit looked like the best elk habitat when I looked on google earth and I noticed most of the timber was wilderness. thanks!

Thanks again for the replys. I think I made up my mind and I am going to start looking at other units. I knew there had to be a reason it was an easy draw unit, but the date of the opener is what caught my eye. Thanks again!

Yeah, wolves have totally taken over... lol! I have hunted a grand total of thee days over the last three years and taken three bulls. There isn't an easier hunt in Wyoming for a resident.

>Yeah, wolves have totally taken over...
>lol! I have hunted
>a grand total of thee
>days over the last three
>years and taken three bulls.
> There isn't an easier
>hunt in Wyoming for a
>resident.

How about a non resident? I know it must be tougher for me because I cannot hunt the wilderness.

Do a search of the archives here. There are about 100 LOOONNGGG threads on the NR Wilderness issue. Its BS but it is what it is. MERRY CHRISTMAS. Chip

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom