WTB Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo

CFMuley

This is probably a long shot, but my bow was consficated at the airport on a recent hunt. I will need to replace it, and was thinking about what I wanted to get when I realized that the bow I’ve liked the most and was most confident in was my Carbon Spyder Turbo. If anyone has one in black or any of the other solid colors that they’re looking to get rid of I’d be happy to discuss purchase with you.

They said they couldn’t determine the energy the bow produced to determine if it was legal or not. The outfitter has had numerous hunters come with bows without issues, but my buddy’s and mine got confiscated. We ended up using an older elite they had in camp with the Russian equivalent of Walmart arrows to kill our bears. It definitely wasn’t ideal, but we made it work.

They said they couldn’t determine the energy the bow produced to determine if it was legal or not. The outfitter has had numerous hunters come with bows without issues, but my buddy’s and mine got confiscated. We ended up using an older elite they had in camp with the Russian equivalent of Walmart arrows to kill our bears. It definitely wasn’t ideal, but we made it work.
Reading between the lines: they really liked the look of your bow and wanted to keep it.

Sorry that happened-that really sucks! Sounds like you turned a bad situation into a good one though with killing a bear. Any pics to share? Would love to see them. Congrats!

Not sure if you’ve shot them or not but the PSE Mach 34 is a phenomenal bow. Up until recently I would have agreed that the CST was my favorite bow of all time. I shot mine for 8 years, switched to a RX4 for a few years and didn’t really like it. This winter I built a custom Mach 34 with EM2 cams (27.5” max draw) and it is by far the best bow I’ve ever owned. It was also great with the EC2 cam but I had to shoot it off if the bottom of the cam. Anyway, this bow blows the Carbon Spyder turbo out of the water for me. Tunes easier, holds better, very very forgiving and mine is shooting just as fast as my CST did with the EM cams. I would strongly encourage you to go shoot one. I’m about $1300 into mine, but you can buy them with an SE2, EC2, E2 & S2 cam for around $900-$1K.

There’s a Max 1 camo CST on Rokslide for $550 with rest and stab.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom