Wounded Warrior Org.

RELH

Long Time Member
As some of you know, I had made a bet on the outcome of the President race. If I won, FTW and Cornhusker owed me some money. If they won, they get a custom S30V knife from me.

Before the election I asked FTW and Cornhusker if I should win, not to send the money to me, but instead send it to the Wounded Warrior Org. that helps vets.

Due to information I have received recently, I will no longer support or donate to Wounded Warrior until they make changes to show they are worthy of any more money.

Most of you are familar with Tom Gresham due to his writing and support of hunters and firearms. Gresham also is a radio gun talk show host and he sent a invitation to Wounded Warriors to have a member of their adminstration to appear on his radio show. This was done so that they could talk about their cause and possibly gain more support and funds.

Gresham was stunned by the reply he received from Leslie Coleman, who is the Public Relations Director for Wounded Warriors. She replied that no one from their organization would appear on his show because it was a show that was "FIREARMS RELATED" and not in their policy to show support for anything that was firearm related. In layman's terms, the adminstration and policy for Wounded Warriors are anti-gun as I read it.

That information got out and numerous vets became irate over this display of being anti 2nd. ammendment and did some digging.
It seems that Wounded Warriors has a non-vet director who receives a yearly salary of #319,000.00 and they have very high adminstration costs going to salaries. Very little of the money is going directly to the vets.

Charity Navigator rates them low as a charity and shows that two other Vet related charities, Fisher House Foundation & Hope for the warriors are better rated on the amount of money collected going to help vets.

The Wounded Warrior Org. has been taking a lot of heat in the past several weeks on facebook and from angry veterans who have written about not supporting them anymore. They are in damage control trying to protect the money they take in. Last year the amount of money contributed to them was 74 million.

I will not contribute to them anymore, and will find another agency that supports vets and is not anti gun.

Cornhusker be aware if you sent the funds to them, they sell the information on contributers and you may start getting junk mail from other charities asking for money.

RELH

I am glad you posted this. I was listening to gun talk when Tom was talking about this. Absolutely absurd!

Crap! You try to do something good and that's what happens. I won't support them anymore either that causes a change in plans on a senior class project. I really like the whole concept behind the organization however I didn't know that an can't support them now.

I apologize to some of you that will probably be getting junk mail from them and others because of me. You know who you are, I didn't know they would sell your name. This really irritates me.

Cornhusker it is as much my fault as it is yours for asking you to donate to Wounded Warriors. I only found out about this, in the past couple of days, via another firearms related web site I belong to.

Alot of vets on that site and they are hopping mad about it. Some of them have even contacted Bill O'reilly of Fox News asking him to do a expose on Wounded Warriors. They felt that Wounded Warrior was taking advantage of returning vets, and what they fought for, just to turn a buck from the public being their main ojective.

Several members of that forum mentioned that right after they send donations in to Wounded Warriors, they started receiving junk mail from numerous other groups asking for money. This is a very strong indicator that Wounded Warrior is selling contributor information lists to gain even more money.

RELH

Maybe MM should start their own program that we could all contribute to help out the vets.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-21-12 AT 03:19PM (MST)[p]Cornhusker, one member on that other site checked their finacial report and figured out the vets were only getting 18 cents out of every dollar donated. I did not bother to confirm that figure as their anti-gun policy had already made my decision not to support them anymore. I'll use one of the other vet charity agencies in the future.

They are beginning to sound like the United States Humane Society that begs for money for animals and does not even have one animal shelter.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom