Would you take the 56 yard shot?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
You're making your way around an open hillside when suddenly in a small stand of pines, you spot this buck. He caught some sort of movement and is on high alert. You've got to decide and act quick, are you taking the archery shot at 56 yards?

You're making your way around an open hillside when suddenly in a small stand of pines, you spot this buck. He caught some sort of movement and is on high alert. You've got to decide and act quick, are you taking the archery shot at 56 yards?

Not a good archery shot at all. Especially since he looks like it’s late July and season wouldn’t be open anyway lol.

This is a tough one cause there really is a good quartering away path through the vitals here. But It’s about a 4” window. Obstructions above and below. Long distance, alert buck that might jump. No for me.

But at 25 yards, this one I’d probably thread it.

He will def be a shooter when he finishes. But a hard no for me too. marginal distance, trees and a large tree branch right down over his shoulder. If the average shooter took this shot, it would not end well

I'd say there is a very good chance you'd spend the rest of the day looking for that buck if you hit it. That's a no for me too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom