WLH going to prison

Well. In the spirit of letting it burn.

Wade is the representation of what has destroyed Utah hunting.

A corporate buisness model in which the operators contribute zero to the wildlife that they extract huge profit from. Wade will clear high 6 or low 7 figures this year, a $10k fine is a write off, his mini me will simply run things for a bit until the ban ends. The state, won't put him out of business no matter what law he breaks. And he's not alone in that buisness model, he's just the most blatant.

The wildlife is the product that brings the revenue yet in Utah we've allowed buisnesses to not just exist on an even playing field with the rest of us, but to dominate us, to exploit the resource to an unbelievable level.

Semi loads of cams, semi loads of bait, 365 day harassment, FLIR, paid informants, etc, etc, etc.

But that wasn't enough. It wasn't/isn't enough that corporate interests who contribute nothing to the resource push all the boundaries, they willfully and knowingly break the law and they do it knowing that we are weak in Utah when it comes to wildlife law.

And why? What has Wade, or any other outfitter contributed to the resource? The hunter pays the freight. The hunter writes those big checks. The outfitter leaches off the resource.

One simply needs to look at the list of currently operating outfitters/guides and look at how many have faced charges or been charged to see it's not a one off with Wade, it's the entire industry.

We could outlaw outfitting on public land in Utah tomorrow, doing so would only improve hunting.

Last edited:
you showed your true colors! You can hang out with BuzzH

You seem upset about something.

Who cares who someone else will vote for or not vote for? Isn’t voting one’s conscience the very essence of American liberty? Or do we only care about freedom so long as it appeases our sensitive feelings?

People vote differently from me all the time. Sometimes it even puts terrible candidates into office, but that is how our system works. I don’t get upset at people for how they vote. It is their own business, not mine. But it seems our society has turned into the biggest bunch of cancel culture snowflakes on both sides of the isle these days.

Kind of embarrassing.

You seem upset about something.

Who cares who someone else will vote for or not vote for? Isn’t voting one’s conscience the very essence of American liberty? Or do we only care about freedom so long as it appeases our sensitive feelings?

People vote differently from me all the time. Sometimes it even puts terrible candidates into office, but that is how our system works. I don’t get upset at people for how they vote. It is their own business, not mine. But it seems our society has turned into the biggest bunch of cancel culture snowflakes on both sides of the isle these days.

Kind of embarrassing.

Vanilla- I doubt heywouldya is upset. He's stating an opinion about political leanings (unless you personally view hanging out with Buzz as something terribly negative).

It's crazy how folks on the left claim "cancel culture" when someone on the right states an opinion. Nobody is trying to cancel camstrawberry- he is allowed opinions as much as ever on this forum, along with everyone else. When you open up on politics, those who disagree will probably make it known though. That's the way of US politics for all the time I've been around anyway...

Vanilla- I doubt heywouldya is upset. He's stating an opinion about political leanings (unless you personally view hanging out with Buzz as something terribly negative).

It's crazy how folks on the left claim "cancel culture" when someone on the right states an opinion. Nobody is trying to cancel camstrawberry- he is allowed opinions (No matter how wrong he is ) as much as ever on this forum, along with everyone else. When you open up on politics, those who disagree will probably make it known though. That's the way of US politics for all the time I've been around anyway...
There, I fixed it for you. 😎😎😎
Sorry, I could not resist. 🤣🤣🤣

It's crazy how folks on the left claim "cancel culture" when someone on the right states an opinion.
There are members here who literally comb the Internet reading grievance hustler websites so they can get offended and run to MM chasing a bunch of 👍 from people trying to "fight woke" about Tractor Supply or Harley Davidson or whomever else made them upset that day.

That's snowflake cancel culture, no matter what side of politics it's on.

There are members here who literally comb the Internet reading grievance hustler websites so they can get offended and run to MM chasing a bunch of 👍 from people trying to "fight woke" about Tractor Supply or Harley Davidson or whomever else made them upset that day.

That's snowflake cancel culture, no matter what side of politics it's on.

Ya, that happens. Maybe a little snowflaky, but not cancel culture. Big difference between being offended by something and stating an opinion- versus literally shutting down someone. NOBODY is being shut down on this site. If they were, I know a few folks who would no longer be posting :cool:. (I'm definitely not talking about you sir).

But you escalated the argument with something that did not happen here- heywouldya was called out for simply stating someone's political leaning and suggesting he hang with a likeminded person. If you called me out for being conservative and told me to hang out with (name one of a thousand MM contributors)- I certainly would not feel "cancelled". Rather, I'd laugh about it, retort some stupid thing that came to mind, and move on.

Last edited:
Ya, that happens. Maybe a little snowflaky, but not cancel culture. Big difference between being offended by something and stating an opinion- versus literally shutting down someone. NOBODY is being shut down on this site. If they were, I know a few folks who would no longer be posting :cool:. (I'm definitely not talking about you sir)
I disagree.

Oh- I know the leaning of the site. Totally agree. I'm part of that as well. But cancel culture is being terribly misused in my opinion.

I'm no fan of dictionaries (since, as a conservative, I'm quite aware that they are all from liberal institutions)- but even they would not call heywouldya's comment "cancel culture". Its being co-opted by my more liberal friends to shame conservatives. Here is what cancel culture is, according to MerryWebber:

For those of you who aren't aware, cancel culture refers to the mass withdrawal of support from public figures or celebrities who have done things that aren't socially accepted today. This practice of "canceling" or mass shaming often occurs on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.

And I'll go a step further- the term was coined by conservatives who were literally being cancelled from speaking at Universities. Not just disagreed with. Hell, if it's what heywouldya did, I've personally been cancelled 100 times on this site by just one or two of our more vocal MM participants. No names of course...

If cancel culture really worked, nobody here would drive a GM or anything with a Cummings. But it’s all bullroar.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom