will this make a difference?

M

manny15

I'm all for protecting myself and my family. We had all better wake up soon or lose what we have.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

Are we Americans as dumb as we appear --- or --- is it that we just do not think?

While the Chinese, knowingly and intentionally, export inferior and even toxic products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets, the media wrings its hands and criticizes the Bush Administration for perceived errors.

Yet 70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to the Chinese should be suspended.

Well, duh..why do you need the government to suspend trading privileges?

SIMPLY DO IT YOURSELF, AMERICA!!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in China' or 'PRC' (and that now includes Hong Kong), simply choose another product, or none at all. You will be amazed at how dependent you are on Chinese products, and you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example, the point is.. do not wait for the government to act

Just go ahead and assume control on your own.

THINK ABOUT THIS If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of Chinese goods, that's a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

The downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

The solution ?

Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. Most of the people who have been reading about this matter are planning on implementing this on June 4, and continue it until July 4.

That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit the Chinese for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of their arrogance and lawlessness were worth it.

Remember, June 4 to July 4.

EVEN BETTER. . . START NOW.

Send this to everybody you know.

Show them we are Americans and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap Chinese goods for one month out of our lives, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

And if your are spending your rebate check........THEN BUY AMERICAN.
Pass it on, America

I AM DIGGING WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY IN YOUR POSTS!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!

BUD

Sounds good to me. I've always gone to great lengths to buy domestic products. It seems though that many, like a good union-wage factory job, but then spend it on foreign products and wonder why all the factories are shutting down. As much as I don't like new taxes, I'd just assume see imports taxed heavily. It'll either lighten the tax burden elsewhere, or help domestic production compete. I guess once all of our manufacturing industry gets outsourced overseas, we can all get jobs at the malls and Walmart selling the garbage.

Good Post Manny..

My brother-in-law lives in Florida and works on the Intercostal and he tells me about all of the container ships that arrive from China (full) and these same ships return to China virtually empty. Something wrong with that picture..

Jim

Our trade deficit with China for the month of April was 20.2 billion dollars. an estimated 3 million American jobs have been lost to China, as China's standard of living increases ours will decrease due to their demand for oil and other resorces. we may not be able to stop them but we shouldn't be helping them, I only buy Chinese crap when there is no option.

>Our trade deficit with China for
>the month of April was
>20.2 billion dollars. an estimated
>3 million American jobs have
>been lost to China, as
>China's standard of living increases
>ours will decrease due to
>their demand for oil and
>other resorces. we may not
>be able to stop them
>but we shouldn't be helping
>them, I only buy Chinese