?? why ??

monkey

i cant figure out what it is on my sight my 20 - 60 trd pins are spaced out ok but when i shoot 70 and 80 those two pins are high up my 70 is close to my 60 and 80 is close to my 70 am i missing somethin or is my bow not center shot??

with out a doubt you are changing your anchor point. if you want to see if you are,

1. draw your bow with your eyes closed. keep them closed.

2. Anchor.

3. DO NOT MOVE YOUR FACE TO ADJUST TO YOUR PEEP!!!!

4. If you can see clearly through your peep still then it's in the right spot.

5. let your bow down and repeat 1-3

6. Open your eyes and DO NOT ADJUST!!!

7. Shoot for 70. and reapeat the same steps for 80.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-27-11 AT 09:14PM (MST)[p]The body angle between 50 and 80 changes rapidly with distance. This causes the peep height to effectively change. It's not really a anchor change so much as the string angle from the shorter shots to the longer ones. This is probably not the biggest issue though.

You probably have your longer pins low in the sight housing. This is making it difficult to keep the peep, housing and pins centered and you then start to center the pin in the peep instead.

I switched to a slider sight for that very reason. I put four pins up high with the 50 yarder right in the middle of the housing. That way all my longer shots have the peep, housing and pin perfectly centered for all shots of 50+.

Anyway check that peep/housing alignment to make sure you aren't going skiwampus on those longer shots.

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom