What's your "Happy Place"?

Often times when I'm stressed or want to imagine a place of solitude, I think on my elk spot, the different draws, timbered hillsides, the magical mornings I've spent creeping up to a herd of bugles, or waking up 2 hours before daylight to the sound of rain hitting my teepee and snuggling back into my sleeping bag, enjoying the fact that I get to sleep in. I love that annual trip, and when I'm out there it feels like nothing else in the world matters.... for 2 weeks my only care and objective is to kill a bull elk. Man, I love day dreaming about that...

What's yours???

IMG_3832.jpeg

IMG_7695.jpeg

This is another one for me... Haven't been in 5 years, but for a while it was our annual summer ritual.

There is a big body of water here in MT with various islands throughout. The islands are pine covered, loaded with huckleberries, and half tame mule deer, and it is a very private camp experience. We would use our boat to shuttle all of our camping gear out to an island and then set up camp. It was always one of the most secluded, serene, and peaceful experiences I have ever been a part of. My kids were still somewhat little and we would pick huckleberries, swim, make campfires, and just have a ball. Morning bacon, eggs, and pancakes with fresh huckleberries, then the kids would get dirty exploring, only to go jump in the lake and clean off. They would play together in the water and on the beach for hours. My wife and I would sit around the smoking logs and talk, with the only background noise being that of the kids playing and laughing in the water together. Our only interruption was when one of them would come back to camp to show us a cool rock, or stick, or critter they had found, or to scavenge some food off us. The sound of their laughs in the lake, and the quality time we spent together was amazing. In the evening you could feel the relief of the atmosphere as the hot sun finally began to relent, and the day began to fade. We would fire up the small grill and cook deer steaks, and at night you could stand on the beach and look up at stars, bright, crystal clear, and covering the pitch black sky....... Hoping to go back soon one of these days.

IMG_2994.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_0319.jpeg

IMG_0428.jpeg

IMG_0550.jpeg

IMG_6278.jpeg

IMG_6281.jpeg

IMG_6417.jpeg

IMG_6264.jpeg

IMG_6265.jpeg

Tikka that one of the pictures you have to be in the right place at the right time. Bravo! They are all great photos of beautiful landscapes, sun raises, sun sets, family, friends, love ones, love ones we miss that have passed on but you have great photos of them to keep in your hearts and minds. Thanks to everyone for sharing them from I’m sure all of us. And a special Thanks from Mrs Sikora and myself!

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom