What to put in for?

T

tbone30

I got real lucky last year and drew a Henry Mtns. muzzleloader deer tag. I have no points for anything else. What would you start putting in for? I'm 37, so I have to seriously wonder about drawing more than one or two tags in my hunting lifetime (let's say I can hunt 'til I'm 70-72). What should I start building points in?

Wapiti & sheep.

Congrats on drawing the Henry's muzzy tag in 07, did you get a good one. With no points for anything else I would say you could probably draw an antelope tag in the next 3-5 years, or start now and maybe by the time your 47 you may draw an elk tag. I to have this problem, antelope or archery elk? No points for either. Good luck with you decision and the draw.

I would definately start for elk. I think the sheep is to tough of a draw. However, like your Henry's tag, it can be done. I put in for sheep but still have a long ways to go. If I was starting over, I would choose the Mountain Goat option. A little easier (better odds) than sheep and it would be a great hunt.

Kinda in the same boat. Got 3 NR Utah elk points but many more in 3 other states plus Max points in Wy. Girlfriend wants to hunt and we're going on Wy antelope hunt in Sept. Considered applying us both for antelope and let the elk points go. She'll get a great antelope tag way before I get a quality elk tag plus we could hunt quality speedgoats in 4-5 years together.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom