What Az otc unit to hunt with rental vehicle.

Falro

So me and my brother are wanting to chase some coues this winter with the bow in southern Az. But with it being a 35+ hour drive we’re looking into flying and renting a vehicle. My question is how practical is taking a rental vehicle into some of these units or should we just deal with it and drive out? We’re not after big deer, as long as we have numbers of deer to hunt and not crazy amounts of people we’ll be having a blast. We have some experience in 31 but wanting something new and looking into units like (36a,b) (34s) (35s) but open to suggestions. Mostly concerned with road conditions and being able to get away from people. We’re not afraid to hike. Not wanting anyone’s honey holes but insight on how the roads are in these areas would be appreciated Thanks, Cam

Are you considering illegals in that “crazy amount of people
Obviously I’d rather not run into illegals but I know that’s part of the game. I haven’t heard how bad it was the last year or two. I assume it’s still wild?

It's certainly doable with a rental vehicle in many units. Make sure to get a pickup or suv and be just be cognizant of which roads you drive. Remarkably easy to pop 4-ply tires.

It’s definitely doable with a rental, especially if you are willing to do some hiking.

I personally like the 36's. The roads in AZ are always rocky so I would not attempt in a rental car. A rental truck as long as there is a spare you will be fine. There are a couple lakes that the hunting is good at but you will always see people legal or.. Just leave water on the table at camp for them to take.

So me and my brother are wanting to chase some coues this winter with the bow in southern Az. But with it being a 35+ hour drive we’re looking into flying and renting a vehicle. My question is how practical is taking a rental vehicle into some of these units or should we just deal with it and drive out? We’re not after big deer, as long as we have numbers of deer to hunt and not crazy amounts of people we’ll be having a blast. We have some experience in 31 but wanting something new and looking into units like (36a,b) (34s) (35s) but open to suggestions. Mostly concerned with road conditions and being able to get away from people. We’re not afraid to hike. Not wanting anyone’s honey holes but insight on how the roads are in these areas would be appreciated Thanks, Cam
All rental vehicles are four-wheel-drive at least that’s the way you’re supposed to drive them just don’t show them the damage when you bring it back. Yes I live in Arizona and you can hunt almost any unit and a 2 Wheel Dr. four-wheel-drive is always nice if it rains and it depends on if you plan on hunting,in December January or a early hunt as far as units go Arizona has great bucks in every unit Spend some money on some good glass and be ready to spend some time behind it. If you end up coming to Arizona direct message me and I will point you the right direction.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom