Wasatch East Tabby Mtn Area

Rnm5

Wanted to seek some advice. Not specific spots etc but new to this Unit. I have put in tons of time hitting the northern side but on muzzle deer didnt find much luck. Ive been thinking of hitting the tabby area. A guy a while back mentioned that area doesnt hold a ton of bucks till snow hits higher elevations. Is this info correct? Just don't want to waste alot of time. I appreciate it. And I know some might say dont ask and find out for yourself. Im not one to ask as Ive spent countless days away from family etc scouting the northern half. Just curious if tabby is worth learning too. Thanks everyone.

I'll be honest with you...if you don't have permission to hunt private land then Tabby is a very tough hunt. Tons of people hunt on the public land. There's always a few good bucks that come out of that country, but mostly by the locals who know the area very well. I'm not trying to discourage learning the area, but it is what it is. And the info you heard was correct...weather pushes them down, but then 90% are on private or tribal ground.
Good luck

Probably already on the hill, but as mentioned this opening weekend I would stay away from there.

There are always a few good bucks in the currant creek area, and way better access. It may not hurt to chec our some other areas.

I will send you a PM

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom