Wac-um's

V

vitalzone

What do you think of the wac-um broadheads? Anyone have any good or bad experience with them. Good blood, deep penetration, through bone. What are your thoughts on them. Been shooting them for a couple years, definitely have my thoughts, just want to hear yours.

Been using them for a few years.

None of the critters have gone far enough when shot with one to tell if they are any good or not!

My son and I have killed three critters with them. My San Juan bull in 2010 went 38 yards and 15 seconds and hit the dirt. My son's antelpe this year went 85 yards in 14 seconds and hit the dirt. My antelope this year went 40 yards and 16 second and hit the dirt.

None of them left any blood trail at all :)

Here's the links to the video or story on those hunts.
http://youtu.be/bhidyNBhZQo
http://youtu.be/YKicB_r3gf0
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID50/5.html

Cheers,
Pete

All I've used since they first went to production. Best flying head I've ever testd. Broke the shoulder of an elk this year with complete penetration (I'm shooting 465 grain arrows too).

BOHNTR )))---------->

Ive used them and have also found them to leave short blood trails. Although some have good blood and some dont. Most have died in site and most were shot good in the vital areas.

I think they fly awesome with field points out to at least 60 yards I haven't checked any further then that though.

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

I shot them and liked them. The only problem I found was they were hard to find! That was a year ago though. To me availability is important too! There are quite a few good shooting broadheads with similar designs.

I have seen firsthand lost elk or what could have been a lost Elk due to Wacums and their little bitty holes with the little bitty heads be it a pass through or not. IMO specifically on elk the smaller the head the worse your chances of recovery is. Tissue plugs up those small holes, they quit bleeding and even on a good hit it takes a long time to fill up those big lungs with blood to suffocate them. Don?t get me wrong, the Elk is still dead however, how far did it go and what was the blood trail that led you to it? As of this year and with that particular head so far I can count 5 lost bulls just in the forums. I can tell you about someone I know personally that is just sick inside because this person knows without a doubt it was a good shot and that bull is dead. Guess what?No blood trail. I know of another guy I just talked to last night, drilled his bull in the shoulder, pinned the bulls legs until he snapped the shaft of the arrow, he had complete pass-through and the only reason he found his bull is he saw it go down? Guess what?. No blood trail and again it was a wacum head. He showed me the arrow and the head last night. No thanks, I will stick with huge holes, tons of blood on those big animals and still get pass through shots. FYI, the head blades were in great shape, the tip itself was flattened. Again, these are my personal opinions based on observation and proof. I'm not saying what anyone should or shouldn't use.

GBA

I killed two elk with them. One was a great hit, one not so great, but both went down within 100 yds.

First was a double lung shot on a bull from a treestand, 25 yd shot. Near pass through, great blood trail.

Second was a 45 yard shot on a cow. I hit shoulder blade square on, I got one lung. She laid down within 50 yds, and was still alive after an hour but too weak to stand. We waited her out and she eventually expired after about an hour and a half.

Not saying if they are good or bad, but they seem to work OK.

Best of Luck,
Jeff
http://www.elkmtngear.com

Thanks for the feedback, I have shot them for a few years now,killed a little coues buck with them,pass through shot, deer went pretty far, I was surprised,little blood trail. Shot a Bull elk at 17 yards, really nice shot through the heart, no pass through, good thing it was a good shot because there was not one drop of blood to be found, we heard the bull crash but looked for blood to trail since we were in thick country.Shot a big bull this year, hit him just below the shoulder a little forward of the crease, sounded like it hit bone,maybe a rib,found the broke off part of the arrow, not one drop of blood to trail, bet that big bull is dead.I think they fly great ,just to many bad experience with no or tiny blood trails. I am shooting the 3 blades. Maybe use German Kinetic Silver Flames or Steel force premiums, I have heard good things about these 2 blade broadheads.Maybe the wac-um 4 blades are better. Noticed on the heads I have recovered they seem to have tip damage as well. What are the hunters that responded shooting, 3 or 4 blades. Thanks

Three blade, 100 grain.......absolutely NO issues with blood trails over the last 7 years.

BOHNTR )))---------->

My buddy and I killed 2 mature whitetail bucks in Iowa with them last week. Used the 100gr 3 blade heads and it just devastated both bucks! My buck traveled just 20 yards and my buddies buck only 36yds. We both pulled off our field tips, screwed on the wac'em heads and neither of us had to adjust out to 60yds. If there's a better broad head available I don't need one...

NvrEnuf

Absolutely the Best head out there. Killed 3 elk over the last 3 years. All died within 50 yards and had great blood trails. Also killed a mature Mule deer with one complete pass through and had an incredible blood trail. 100 grain 3 blade. Love the head and will not change. It flies great for me as well

100 grain 3 blade, 4 bulls. 2 that were quartering away had good blood trails, the other two were broadside passthroughs with very little blood. Switched to rage 2 blade.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom