Utah DWR

• Thread starter IF-IT-FLIES-IT-DIES (Guest)
  • Start date
I

IF-IT-FLIES-IT-DIES (Guest)

I was just wondering what the thoughts were of Utah's division of wildlife resources. I know they have done some really good things in the past and have gone down hill, but I am thinkin about joinin the force. Let me know your ideas or specific problems.

I'M SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS IN LIFE OTHER THAN WORKING FOR THE DWR. BUT HEY MAYBE YOU COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

THE ONLY BOBCAT THAT THINKS THE DWR HAS NOT HELPED OUR DEER HERD.

I missed the draw this year, they decided to change it to jan 30th at 5:00. it has been the 31st for at least 10 yrs. my fault, "I should have payed attention" So my thoughts, on all the doe tags, no pheasants, there lies on the chuckers they planted, and the F-ing draw. The DWR SUCKS

maybe you should have stayed on top of things more closely. I guess the real question is what could you do. It's always easier looking from the outside in. Word of advice don't join, you will wish you hadn't

THERES THE 'MESS'

HE'S TRYING TO MAKE THE DWR MAD,BUT IT'S ALREADY BEEN DONE!!!

HE'S TRYING TO STIR IT BUT IT'S ALREADY BEEN STIRRED!!!

HE'S STILL HIDING BEHIND HIS/HER/IT'S FAKE PHONY WANNA BE NAME!!!

ALL ICONS DISABLED AS ALWAYS!!!

THE ONLY bobcat WONDERING IF THE 'MESS' WILL EVER GO BACK TO HIS/HER/IT'S SITE???

These bafoons could tear up an anvil in a sand pit. Too eagar to blame the low numbers of animals on everything but bad management. Typical of any government operation who's directors are appointed by the governor. It's too bad that Utah doesn't have an exclusive on poor management.

Ed

Duvy is the prime example of the average Utah hunter. He blames everything on the DWR.

He procrastinated and didn't care enough to learn the rules of the draw. -Blame it on the DWR.

There are no pheasants. Blame it on the DWR. (It couldn't be the developement of prime farms and the outlawing of hunting in expanded city limits. Two things the DWR has no control over)

Lies of the chukars they planted. Blame it on the DWR. (It couldn't happen to be that others beat him to the chukars or that he hunted in the wrong spot on the wrong day.)

All the doe tags. Blame it on the DWR. (like there are 10,000s of doe tags. Only a couple areas even have any substantial doe tags which could be questioned.)

So to answer the original question of working for the DWR; Do you really want to deal with these kind of imbeciles on a daily basis?? I don't work for the DWR, but I imagine it is long hard work, with very low wages. The public is always right and the DWR is always wrong. If you are smart, selfmotivated, and willing to look at the big picture then sign-up, they need more people like that.

2-point, I am an average Utah hunter, But I know what I see and I know what I pay for.

I am not blaming the DWR for missing the draw, I think they suck for changing the date.

The pheasant population wouldn't have any thing to do with city limits and prime farms."development ya". But we all bought a habitat stamp that year to help the population.

That didn't work so we all paid the next year to bring back the chukar population 10,000, in the west desert area. Maybe my friends, family and I dont know were to hunt. But we hunt coyotes all over that region, theres a few here and there
no 10,000 or even a well managed start.

All the doe tags,500 in my hunting area 2 yrs ago (coop creek to red creek)there were fawns with spots, hanging in trees all over, this is on the sides of the main RD of coop on opening day of the general season. It showed last year, opening morning
I rolled through the checking station at 10:00 the fish&game told me its the worst year they had seen.

I could babble on all day,about similar stories. But i'm just an average utah hunter, or imbecile. Not a politicaly correct JERK.

Duvy, I don't like everything the DWR does, but they are not to blame for all that goes on.Anyone who waits until the very last day to fill out your Big Game app. is asking for trouble. Just because you bought a habitat stamp one year, that is not the magical solution for the dismal Pheasant population. One year is not going to bring back any population to its origional status anyway. The Pheasant population crash started with the demise of the sugar beat fields and the use of pressureized irrigation many many years ago, which the DWR has nothing to do with. Your take on Chuckars in Utah couldn't be more wrong. I said it before I'll say it again There are Chuckar in every Mtn. range west of I-15, well over a population of 10,000 and the " well managed start" you talk about, well that happened about 15 years ago, now Chuckar populations are solid. Their numbers may be down the last couple years because there is that one thing called the DROUGHT. Which again the DWR has nothing to do with.I hope you are not average Utah hunter that would suck, but then again that would explain a lot of what goes on around here.

No wonder you don't see any deer, You're at the DWR check station at 10:00 on opening day when you should be out hunting.

yup, i bought a stamp 1 year,ah it cost me 5 bucks i think.but great grand dad tol me that his daddy hunted everything for 5 dollars and the pheasants were goood in da sugar beats. daaaaahhh whas a DROUGHT.

Hey a shotgun da ya thank me deer wouldof been good eats if ida waited for it to get 70 dgrees last year or da ya thank i shoulda headed her for the checkin station daaaa.

PS. your full of ##### on the chuckars.

as to missing the draw- i dont know the way it is usually done in utah. but my guess would be that since the 31st fell on a saturday, they changed it to close of business friday. if it had fell on sunday, i bet it would have been monday. next year i bet its back to the 31st. i would rule out any vast conspiracy to screw up your hunt.

sam

Yea, I'am full of chit about the Chuckars.You just keep on beleiving that and telling every body that.

I'll bet your right,i didn't think about it being the weekend.
just thought being post marked or sent on line, before the deadline we would be allright. Now Im pissed, at the post office for not running on the weekend.J/K
It is my own damn fault for waiting tell the last minute, but im the one with a computer, in my hunten tribe and they wanted to try the luck with a group draw. I could care less about the beat-up general season deer. I have seven bonus points and wanted a pahvant or book cliffs tag. Thats why I kinda vented on the DWR.

I don't think he's full of ##### on chukkars first of all he's always talking on this site about hunting them. Also i have no problem going out on a given day and seeing 400 chukkars and that is just in one small area, so i feel we must be way over 10 thousand

Thanks for the feed back guys. I am pretty sure this is what i want to do. Think about it...Outside all day trying to help the outdoors and hunters just like each and every one of you. I know that The DWR has had problems before but doesnt every state?

basically, i think its probably an enjoyable job. unfortunatly, like most any government job-it will be very frustrating at times. you will have to learn the fine art of making your superiors think they came up with an idea. its not to tough once ya get the hang of it, i do it all the time. the reason for this of course is that they simply will not accept any idea that comes from below them. even if they are complete idiots(which they will be)and you have wonderful ideas(which i'm sure you will). government work is great if you can stand the BS.

sam

seriously, but i sure wouldn't tell anyone where because I don't think there are many areas that good

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom