Utah doubled Non Res Hunt License

Yes, Idaho needs to raise its non resident chit too. Our gameys need new trucks. Why not, if Oklahoma can do it?

I still say states need to take it a step further. Jack up the prices, slash the tag numbers. That’s a win (rev) win (resident) win (wildlife)

No brainer

Are you freaking kidding me??

What a bunch of BS!!!

Now I can't apply there anymore. Can't afford it.

Maybe get another job.

Nah. I wasn't applying there anyway.

2nd that. Isn't there some application fee to?

Screwing the non residents. Must need that money for the meth head moms.

This is terrible, pricing us out

Smalls towns will shut down

I am officially done.

Sounds very familiar in another thread doesn't it

Nobody should whine about this, even with the increase Utah is still one of the cheapest states to apply in.

If I'm going to snivel it's going to be about the new elk plan making NR points far less valuable. if you're not at the very top of the pool you better lower your standards or they can bury your point summary with you.

To anyone who says it is ok to double the license - I don't agree. Raise a tag if you want. Go look at Utah Bull Elk , Moose and Premium Deer - you are full of it Togwotee. Very expensive. But I never whined about that. But raising the license ? Make a hunt and hunt/ fish combo that high ?

Last edited:
Well, Utah pretty much doubled the nonresident quota on general deer tags too, so why not raise the price of license to go with it?

Yote- Idaho charges more for NR license I will agree. But look at the tag prices which are half of Utah NR tag prices.

Why did they double them ? And if they doubled them why double the fee ? Give residents more tags not NRs.
They came close to doubling most all general deer tags.
Honestly, I didn’t notice the doubling of the license fee. I had already bought my license and it was still valid from last year.

They came close to doubling most all general deer tags.
Honestly, I didn’t notice the doubling of the license fee. I had already bought my license and it was still valid from last year.
Yes, depending on when you buy license you don't have to buy it some years to apply. And for all the comments about prices for NRs in most states aren't a big deal- that's not true. There is no reason in Hell they need to cost 1000.00 or so for a NR Elk tag. 700 for a deer tag. Etc....Some of us have the money and it's not going to kill us, but that doesn't make it ok.

Utah had and still has the cheapest NR hunting license in the west.
Not cheaper than Wyoming (doesn't have one) or Montana that's like $15 or something for base hunting.

I don't mind paying more, management costs money.

Will be well worth it when I finally burn my points, have a pile of them.

To anyone who says it is ok to double the license - I don't agree. Raise a tag if you want. Go look at Utah Bull Elk , Moose and Premium Deer - you are full of it Togwotee. Very expensive. But I never whined about that. But raising the license ? Make a hunt and hunt/ fish combo that high ?
If the license is $120 and it's good for 2 years try to beat that deal. UT will still be one of the cheapest states you apply for. hell I pay over half that for a resident license here.

I don't really give a FF what the tag costs, IF I GET IT. I only apply for tags worth the money. I'd rather stay home and hunt chukar than drive 750 miles for a crap hunt in another state.

Yes, depending on when you buy license you don't have to buy it some years to apply. And for all the comments about prices for NRs in most states aren't a big deal- that's not true. There is no reason in Hell they need to cost 1000.00 or so for a NR Elk tag. 700 for a deer tag. Etc....Some of us have the money and it's not going to kill us, but that doesn't make it ok.
If money is the issue, that's what cheap resident tags are for.

Many years ago, Wyoming used to charge $300 for a moose tag. I would put in for the draw and never get a tag. Then, they doubled the price. I believe there were many less people who put in that first year. I sent in my $600 for the draw. Got my tag.
Shot a nice 45" Shiras.
So....maybe this is the year for non-residents to put in for Utah tags??????

Can somebody post a link to the price hike announcement? I haven't been able to find it. That said, I have a Utah lifetime license and haven't used it for 30+ years, because the general season mule deer hunting there hasn't been worth my time.

If a person times it right when they buy a hunting license they could hunt two years on one license
Yes I knew that and have done so. I thought I could purchase a bonus point and not apply for a drawing without buying a license. Just found out I was wrong.

I'm not poor Buzz.
Never said you were, but you're implying that NR license fees are too high.

My suggestion to people that can't afford the NR fees is to hunt on the cheap in the State they live in.

NR hunting has never been cheap and never will be cheap.

Not much is cheap anymore. it is what it is .

I used to hunt in Canada some but the prices today are insane even for average quality hunts. I could afford it but I refuse to, it's just not that important to me. you can do the same in Utah or any other state if you don't like it. the world will keep on spinning.

Come to Idaho we welcome everyone, as soon as the farmers get done managing the game herds , we can get on with the private game farms that are coming. It should be a lot easier to purchase my game from the local high fence farm, one day hunt, plus they process, pay a little extra for a big boy. Non- residents, residents and migrants and even Buzz are all welcome

Never said you were, but you're implying that NR license fees are too high.

My suggestion to people that can't afford the NR fees is to hunt on the cheap in the State they live in.

NR hunting has never been cheap and never will be cheap.
My perspective is the license should not be purchased unless you draw and can use the damn thing. Raise the app fee some and it's more than fair. I never thought the tags was too high to buy or I would be hunting only Res.
But you aren't wrong Buzz , it takes money to play.

My perspective is the license should not be purchased unless you draw and can use the damn thing. Raise the app fee some and it's more than fair. I never thought the tags was too high to buy or I would be hunting only Res.
But you aren't wrong Buzz , it takes money to play.
Man could you imagine how terrible your draw odds would be if you didn’t have to buy a license to apply!

Really pretty funny perspective too. A NR doesn’t want to have any skin in the game but wants all the benefits of another state.

Said it before. I think all application costs should be none refundable, draw or not. That will make people serious about it and give states even more revenue to put towards their programs

Said it before. I think all application costs should be none refundable, draw or not. That will make people serious about it and give states even more revenue to put towards their programs

Because they all use it so wisely. lol

Give the license hike ideas a break dude. They will just piss the money away like every wasteful, democrat filled and "run", govt agency.

Utah is run by democrats? learning every day.

I agree making you buy a license you aren't going to use seems like a rip off. but they all get their hooks in you somehow, and at the end of the day Utah is still cheaper than most.

The higher fees should make people reconsider their chances in all states. being optimistic is a good thing, being a sucker isn't.

Simply a supply-demand scenario. If you were selling a product on the internet, you would want to get as much money as you possibly could. I don’t like it any more than the rest but you can see these state’s price hikes coming from a mile a way and there will be lots more to come. If you are really mad about it, the states aren’t what has caused all this. It’s been caused by the social media, hunting shows, and all of the hunting web sites (GoHunt, OnX, etc,etc) that spoon feed the dummies on where to go and how to get tags. Turned hunting into a high demand zoo!

Can somebody post a link to the price hike announcement? I haven't been able to find it. That said, I have an Utah lifetime license and haven't used it for 30+ years, because the general season mule deer hunting there hasn't been worth my time.
It was a year or two ago. It went into affect last summer. I actually bought a 5 or 10 year license before they changed the price to lock it in for a bit. Can’t remember when they sent out the email but it was atleast a year ago.

Utah is run by democrats? learning every day.

I agree making you buy a license you aren't going to use seems like a rip off. but they all get their hooks in you somehow, and at the end of the day Utah is still cheaper than most.

The higher fees should make people reconsider their chances in all states. being optimistic is a good thing, being a sucker isn't.
The license is to increase license sales in the state which is how they give out Pittman Robinson and Dingle Johnson money. That’s why most states went to making you do it, also why they usually sell you a fishing license in the process. It’s worked out for me. I’ve been applying for Rocky and elk for around 20 years but when they started charging for licenses and let NR apply for every species, I started to, and have drawn a primo LE deer and a mountain goat tag that I otherwise would have never drawn if I could only apply for two species.

My son was complaining a few years back about the cost of hunting. I asked him how much he paid for a day of snowboarding. Can’t remember the cost, but it was a lot, and at one of the cheaper resorts. I took a look at Snow Basin and it’s $179 for a day pass 😳

The point is, is that it’s worth it to me. Most states have plenty of cheap resident hunting opportunities.

I’ll pay the NR fees for several states. I drew an Arizona elk, unexpectedly this year. It was well worth the cost.

I’d bet most of us could make a few minor sacrifices in our lives and easily afford a few NR apps.

Well, we all have opinions for sure. Those of you who are putting in for several states can do that all you want. It doesn't mean that your opinion about pricing is correct . I talked to the game office today. The person there said yes. Big rate hikes. Told me oh, you don't have to buy the combo. Lol, ok.

States increase prices and more people apply each year as a general rule. Money does not seem to be an issue for many people - people still buying Wyoming moose points for example at $150 annually for a 'chance' to draw a tag you are almost certain to never draw. If Wyoming can charge $150 for worthless moose points when it is clear that you are almost certain to never draw Utah will have no trouble getting people to pay $120 every two years.

You have a right to complain but know that non-resident fees will continue to increase, and tags will generally be reduced for non-residents. I will be burning all my points over the next ten years - if you are just now entering the point game you need to really examine the number of people in line ahead of you and the costs you are facing over the next 10-30+ years.

Yes it is. It appears Utah residents aren't as thin skinned as Wyoming residents and don't pay much attention to what the non resident says
You have this wrong. It's the nonresidents that do all the complaining. If this was the Wyoming forum the NR would be blaming every little increase on residents. And as far as thick skinned Utah residents go, check out how they handle themselves on other(WY) forums.

WY was far more expensive than UT even before their last increase. and that's fine, I'm not bitching.

As I've always said, prices go up on everything so knock yourself out. what I object to is taking money for 20 years then moving the goalpost to 500 yards. if you want to change the rules in the 3rd quarter that's a hose job.

States increase prices and more people apply each year as a general rule. Money does not seem to be an issue for many people - people still buying Wyoming moose points for example at $150 annually for a 'chance' to draw a tag you are almost certain to never draw. If Wyoming can charge $150 for worthless moose points when it is clear that you are almost certain to never draw Utah will have no trouble getting people to pay $120 every two years.

You have a right to complain but know that non-resident fees will continue to increase, and tags will generally be reduced for non-residents. I will be burning all my points over the next ten years - if you are just now entering the point game you need to really examine the number of people in line ahead of you and the costs you are facing over the next 10-30+ years.
Yes I have 14 points for Deer , and I realize I will have to burn them now on a Utah General Hunt or buy a Muzzy and hope that a less desirable Muzzy hunt gives me a win.

Last edited:
You know gas used to be 50 cents a gallon right?

Different world. You can actually apply for these things online now in any state you like!

Make it cheap and see what happens to your odds

You could draw a tag with less points back then, and didn't have to buy the license before applying for the tag.

So yes, it was cheaper, and your odds were better.

You don’t really get it do ya?
I get it now. If it's less money more people apply and you guys that spare no cash might miss a few more draws across the Western Hemisphere. I do get that. I do. I'm going to go a new route and see how it pans out. A method that will open up a new dimension.

This sure is a much different conversation now that it's Utah raising NR tag fee's compared to the Wyoming forum/post.
You are correct

So to make you Wyoming guys feel at home.

-I will now advocate for a 95/5 split.

-We should ban all NR from Wyoming on all LE deer units because they will shoot the first deer they see.

-All Wyoming NR should be required to hire a guide to access all public land in Utah, as we all know, Utah has badgers, hunting without a guide could get a Wyomingite killed.

Feel better?

We will work on finding a know it all midget to advocate for all these policies like the Wyoming boys have. But folks like that seems common only to Laramie.

Non Residents are low hanging fruit. These politicians know that NR's can't vote locally, so it's easy to pick on them. Eventually they will hit a max people are willing to pay, or the resource will be destroyed and people won't pay. Once that happens, the residents will get the short stick.

Mismanagement has a cost.

Sure your going to burn those points in the next 10 years??? The goal post are moving…

You are correct

So to make you Wyoming guys feel at home.

-I will now advocate for a 95/5 split.

-We should ban all NR from Wyoming on all LE deer units because they will shoot the first deer they see.

-All Wyoming NR should be required to hire a guide to access all public land in Utah, as we all know, Utah has badgers, hunting without a guide could get a Wyomingite killed.

Feel better?

We will work on finding a know it all midget to advocate for all these policies like the Wyoming boys have. But folks like that seems common only to Laramie.
Exactly what I expected from the hypocrites in Utah.

Exactly what I expected from the hypocrites in Utah.
Not exactly sure what you are upset about. Utah will still welcome you to come and hunt. You can buy a tag every year on just about every unit. Wyoming guys will happily pay large amounts of money to keep the non residents out, so I would think Utah would be attractive to spend your money in. Utah is setup for the deep pocket non resident hunters

Not exactly sure what you are upset about. Utah will still welcome you to come and hunt. You can buy a tag every year on just about every unit. Wyoming guys will happily pay large amounts of money to keep the non residents out, so I would think Utah would be attractive to spend your money in. Utah is setup for the deep pocket non resident hunters
I stopped applying for Utah and gave up with 15 points for about everything there is to hunt in Utah. Unlike some, I stand behind my beliefs and put my money where my mouth is. I hope by dropping out of the game it benefits some other NR hunter.

I stopped applying for Utah and gave up with 15 points for about everything there is to hunt in Utah. Unlike some, I stand behind my beliefs and put my money where my mouth is. I hope by dropping out of the game it benefits some other NR hunter.
that's a shame. If you ever start applying again and have any questions reach out i'll give you my 2 cents

To quote Buzz"no one cares"

We'd be fine if the gates east of Evanston were on the border.

No one spends more time in Utah, then a Wyomingite

Let's make a deal. No more of those cult temples in Wyoming and us Wyoming boys will stay out of Utah. Wouldn't that be nice....

For us.

We'd be able to go to a store, the zoo, a college, or hospital without plates with a cowboy on it.

I'm all for it.

Now put a fence on the Unitas to keep our elk in Utah, and you got a deal

For us.

We'd be able to go to a store, the zoo, a college, or hospital without plates with a cowboy on it.

I'm all for it.

Now put a fence on the Unitas to keep our elk in Utah, and you got a deal
Does this mean you're not hunting in Wyoming anymore? I already stated I'm staying out of Utah. Asking for a friend....

I doubt I will see less Utah plates in western Wyoming this fall.

Your elk? Spoken like a true Utard.

Last edited:
Does this mean you're not hunting in Wyoming anymore? I already stated I'm staying out of Utah. Asking for a friend....

I doubt I will see less Utah plates in western Wyoming this fall.

I've hunted a grand total of 0 times in Wyoming.

Since we went adult beer, I have zero reason to ever cross the border. I don't do meth. I prefer my strippers have teeth. I prefer my snow not be from Nebraska.

I've hunted a grand total of 0 times in Wyoming.

Since we went adult beer, I have zero reason to ever cross the border. I don't do meth. I prefer my strippers have teeth. I prefer my snow not be from Nebraska.
How many underage wives do you prefer, and little kids. We all know how you cult members like both.

Hoss is the one who told me what soaking was. I don’t know if I can ever forgive him for that but I’m pretty sure he’s not in that cult

Saw a headline about "Utah curl"

Swear to God, I scrolled by, drank a beer, contemplated my life's choices, then went back to look.

Imagine the relief that it was a woman's hairstyle.

There are great LE hunts you can draw as an NR with 15 points, you are really just missing out at this point.

There are great LE hunts you can draw as an NR with 15 points, you are really just missing out on great hunts.
I actually would be at 17 this year but stopped applying two years ago. I also stopped applying in NM years ago when they cut NR tags and started the outfitter welfare program. If I don't agree with a state I can't complain then turn around and give them my money. That would be like some here (hypocrites) when it comes to Wyoming.

Wow. I learned something today.

Thanks google.

Mormon TikTokers are sharing tactics used to get around chastity rules called 'jump-humping' and 'soaking. ' Soaking involves one person inserting their penis into another person's vagina and staying completely still. Then, a third person jumps on the bed to create motion that simulates a thrusting effect.Sep 28, 2021
-Buisness Insider

As if Jump Humping wasn't bad enough, the entire soaking concept, got covered in Buisness Insider🤣🤣

I am so going to ask my wife if instead of playing the usual game "just the tip" if she would like to try this cool new soaking concept I heard about. She will get a laugh out of this one boy. lol lol OMG that's funny.

My buddy lived in SLC for 5 years and worked for an Engineering firm that was run by Mormons. The $hit he told me left me speechless......and I always got something to fukin say. lol

Good deal I’m just sad they kept it so mellow. 😂We should do 97/3 on tag allocation. We should also make the non residents have to do 10 hours on a conservation project before a license is printed. I like the idea of them not being able to even hunt on public land as well. Cheap Busch light cans make a place look like garbage. Throw in a mandatory guide and that would be a wonderful addition to the non residents. I mean if Wyoming feeds their welfare outfitters well the non residents can feed ours.

You guys don't know what high prices are if I draw a resident elk tag it's over a grand

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom