Using angled spotter

Depends upon how and where you use it. I prefer the angled. Its easier on the neck when using for longer periods.

Probably bring a little chair to sit on so it might work out, can't see sitting on foam pad or rocks for hours, not with my sciatica anyway.

Angled in my Opinion is the only way to go. I love mine - I think its alot easier to use especially for any long periods of time.

I have used staight spotting scopes and dont have a problem with them,but here is my take. My brother in laws both hunt with me and are tall. They like angled because it is hard to get a tall enough tripod for them so angled works better for them. One brother in law is like 6'2 the other is 6'5 .
I am not so tall so most tripods work for me with a straight scope.
I can't see threw their angled scopes when they have them adjusted for there heights and the have to bend down to see threw mine.
My next one may be angled . You can get use to anything, unless you are really tall like them.

I like the straight. Most of my use is from a vehicle, and I use a window mount. I've heard that target acquisiton is easier with a straight lense. I don't know if that's true. You'll quickly learn to adapt to whatever you choose.

Life is like riding bulls. You're never truly ready ..... it just gets to be your turn.

I have owned both and just recently sold my angled scope. The reason being, I do most of my glassing with my 15's on a tripod. When I switch to the scope, I have to adjust the height of the tripod down several inches.

I like the straight for the same reason as COLO3D. If your not going to be using binoculars off of the tripod in addition to the scope it shouldn't matter. You'll get used to using either.

I have had both and there are times when I like the angled but prefer the straight much better. Personal choice and depends on your uses.

I like the straight. I usually glass from a ridge top and trying to peer down into the bottoms of a canyon with an angled scope causes some pretty good neck strain.

I have an angled and a straight and absolutely hate the straight. I feel that you get more neck strain from the straight. An angled will let you get away with a shorter tripod. fatrooster.

i love and prefer angled my hunting partner has a straight i don't like it it is harder to use and it takes longer to locate game than the angled for me.on_target

Straight!!!!!!!!

I hate standing and looking through a glass, even the best tripods get vibrations when they are all the way extended.
I do 90% of my glassing while sitting on the ground so that I can keep my tripod short. Doing this with an angled glass causes alot of neck strain.

I preffer straight. Easier from window mount, easier to switch on my tripod from 10's or 15's. Down side is you need your tripod to go higher. I have a harder time finding the critters fast with an angled but I have heard you adjust to that with time.

Blonds, brunettes, or redheads......Fords, Chevys, or Dodges. It's all a matter of choice.

.....personally, I get more neck strain from redheads....thats just me.

I enjoy mine. It has been said, I will say it again, much more comfortable for long viewing periods.

I can sit up against a tree with my scope set up in front of my and glass forever, just a comfortable position to glass from.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom