Unit 61elk.

Over off of houser road. 1st day of hunting heard a few saw a few. Came close to what we thought was a big bull. But never saw him. Got to about 60 yards . Then caught our wind...Mr. mountain... any good ones you called in?

After today I sure wish I had an early rifle tag or first season.
Holy **** how many points does it take to draw archery or ML?
Every person is within shouting distance of divide road and NOBODY is where the elk are from what I saw today!!

Grouse hunting hasn’t been bad either!
Got some good rain and cool temps the last couple days.
Went from powdered dust to packed and even muddy in spots.

I guess I'm screwing with them there elk, standing in a road next to my truck with a cow call and they come running in.
I’ve got no problem with someone up there calling from a road a little. If I didn’t have a broken ankle I’d be up there hunting grouse and turkey and not from a road. I also wouldn’t be in area’s I consider to be prime elk hunting. I’ve had a couple of ‘disagreements’ with hunters who had tags but weren’t far off a road while grouse and turkey hunting. I tried to give them a few tips but they weren’t listening.

I’ve got no problem with someone up there calling from a road a little. If I didn’t have a broken ankle I’d be up there hunting grouse and turkey and not from a road. I also wouldn’t be in area’s I consider to be prime elk hunting. I’ve had a couple of ‘disagreements’ with hunters who had tags but weren’t far off a road while grouse and turkey hunting. I tried to give them a few tips but they weren’t listening.
You can't appease everyone. Even when you're just enjoying mother nature you're gonna upset someone. Hope those hooves are healing up well, Bean.

Soo. Update on our late archery elk hunt so far. Saw and been hearing a bunch. But don't seem to be hot. Not interacting ect..From what I've and few other hunters experienced in the past few days. Went to town today to get a hotel clean up and re energize..;) thinking hoping that it will get better:))

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom