Unit 61 Conditions...............

Hammnit

I was wondering if anyone has been in 61 recently? I'm just curious about weather conditions or quality or quantity of deer seen.

I have a 3rd season deer tag and I'm headed out there in a little over a week to do 4-5 days of scouting prior to the hunt.

I'm very stoked and the hunt can't get here soon enough!
Thanks,
Hammnit

Nope, the deer all left the unit so you might has well turn your tag back in?? hahaha ... Good luck on your hunt and kill a big one, just a little smaller than what I get though....

I archery hunted deer. Missed one real good buck. Had a first seasons elk tag and killed a good bull. I only saw four good bucks in ten days of archery hunting them. Hopefully you will find more good bucks than I did. I was honestly a little bummed about the quality of deer I saw.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-24-11 AT 08:20PM (MST)[p]Downhill,
Please send me a cell phone pic of the buck that you take just so I know what I'll need to beat!

When are you guys leaving? I'm headed on the 30th for a few days of scouting before the hunt. Maybe we'll run into each other on the way back there.
Hammnit

Hammnit, we can't leave unitl the 3rd due to work and all, so we'll get off that day hopefully early in the afternoon and drive it straight through so we can get there early Friday and get set up and do at least a short scout trip. We'll stay to the last day of the season though if need to so we're good on that end with the time anyway. Same goes for you on the pic by the way...

I hunted cow elk the 1st rifle and seen 4 nice 10 to 12 pointers. seen some smaller bucks and some doe. Go in tru Norwood and hunt the lower end of Sandbarn Park. Was scouting the week before and came across a bow hunter from Utah who hadn't seen any bucks after hunting 6 days. Took him to one of the bucks I seen and he missed a nice 12 point at 37 yards because he didnt range it; he thought it was 30 yards. I felt worse then he did because I didn't get to get in the picture with a dandy of a buck.
Good luck and show me some pictures.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom