Unit 6 cow moose scouting

ColoradoBob

I went up to Walden to do a little scouting. I love that town. It 's the way CO was . Everyone is nice & friendly. Everyone told me where they ghave been seeing moose. Can't wait till Oct 1st. I just hope she is still close to the road----I REALLY dont want to pack a moose out. :)

Good luck! The wife drew a season choice bull moose tag. We'll be up there this weekend for the archery opening weekend. Any suggestions on where any bulls are hanging out?

I went up to Walden to do a little scouting. I love that town. It 's the way CO was . Everyone is nice & friendly. Everyone told me where they ghave been seeing moose. Can't wait till Oct 1st. I just hope she is still close to the road----I REALLY dont want to pack a moose out. :)
Hey Bob, was up there all weekend. A good buddy of mine shot a decent little bull last night, he is tickled with him. Seen quite a few cows, I'll also be up there for the rifle hunt as a good buddy of mine has a rifle cow tag. We'll stay in touch via text but I do have some good info for you.

Sorry to hear that Fred. Will you be healed up in time for your fall hunts ?
I should be. I have a pronghorn doe in eastern Colorado in October so that is a gimme regardless of the ankle. I have a buck and B list cow 3rd season that I’ll hunt no matter what. We’ll see how deep I can go. I’m assuming it will be healed by then but I will have lost a bunch of conditioning. I was going to hunt archery elk but now I think I’ll buy an OTC bull tag for 3rd season.

I should be. I have a pronghorn doe in eastern Colorado in October so that is a gimme regardless of the ankle. I have a buck and B list cow 3rd season that I’ll hunt no matter what. We’ll see how deep I can go. I’m assuming it will be healed by then but I will have lost a bunch of conditioning. I was going to hunt archery elk but now I think I’ll buy an OTC bull tag for 3rd season.
I’ll be there 3rd season with Buck and cow tag, let’s hope for some weather this year.

Haha I was just telling my wife if you wanted to see what most of Co was like 20-30 years ago, Walden is it! Great little town, spent a bit of time up there, Love it. Good luck on your moose hunt!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Back
Top Bottom