unit 55 deer

lvtoohnt

drew oct. tag am planning on a scouting trip next week,have not hunted this unit before. any help would be greatly appreciated. am looking at starting in the jim sage range. thanks jon

Forget about the Jim Sage very few deer in there until snow pushes them into there. Hunt the back side of the ski area I think it's mt independence. And I would hunt it opening day.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

+1 on being there opening day! Drew the tag last year and didn't know the area either. Spent a lot of time scouting and didn't see too many others. Opening day was the opposite though. People everywhere but so were the deer! Find you a vantage point and you'll be amazed by the amount of nice deer people push around and never see.

>+2, listen to tagsoup I helped
>him out last year, also
>try cache peak

I haven't hunted 55 since 2010. I thought I helped you out last year? lol

Helped a buddy get his deer last year towards the end of the season. Watch the weather if you camp up high. The snow can pile up fast that time of year!

>thanks for the feedback, can't hunt
>opening, but have the last
>two weeks to hunt.

That's to bad.
If you can't hunt the first week I would shoot the first 160 buck you see. If you can hunt the opener I would hold out for 180.

+1 on steering clear of Jim sage. You'll see very little in the month of October. I would go above city of rocks......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom