Unit 53 Ute Mountain

LAST EDITED ON May-20-19 AT 09:40PM (MST)[p]Just be very careful near the top, you don't want to fall into the abyss. LOL

That and Midnight Meadows are the most popular/crowded areas in the unit during the elk season. There are elk at both.

I found midnight creek and meadows, Little bit out of the unit. Looks rugged to walk anyway. lol. Yes I can imagine the outfitters in there on horse back.

>I found midnight creek and meadows,
>Little bit out of the
>unit. Looks rugged to
>walk anyway. lol. Yes
>I can imagine the outfitters
>in there on horse back.
>
Last year there was a big outfitter camp out there. I avoided them but still managed to have two bad encounters with them. (1) was they were using their flat bed trucks to drive through the forest at 3am to clear a path for some reason. They were knocking down trees and making a mess of things. The signage in the area clearly stated to stick to the already established roads. (2) was encountering again one of their wide ass flat beds going the opposite way on a forest road. Clearly the driver was not concerned about me having room and he just blazed down the center of the road forcing me off. I was going to confront them at their camp but my old man was having anxiety about me getting in a gunfight.

Sounds like some of these guides are getting out of hand. Personally I know a few and they are very honest and hard working. It's like anything it only takes a few to give them a bad name. Never had a bad encounter with any of them, and if I do meet some that are unethical or trying to close public land they will remember me. Unfortunately, it's become blood money. Good luck on your hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom