Unit 48 hunters

deepforks

so how did all you unit 48 hunters do this year for deer? i hunted in there for only a week or so but was amazed at how many deer i did NOT see. ended up harvesting a decent buck but was very disappointed in the lack of critters. anyone else run into this up there?

I hunted in there for about 5 days and saw a total of one buck (a small 3 point) and maybe a dozen does. Everyone I talked to up there had the same story.

I hunted 48 in 2007 and was so disapointed with what I saw that I did not hunt there in 2008. My bro-in-law went back in 2008 and didn't see a buck. With the ever increasing price to hunt an ever decreasing resource I think I might be done hunting deer in Idaho.

Dax

The F&G said it thursdays news paper that the hunting was good. Maybe they only asked the hand full of guy that shot two points how the hunting was. Ron

were they talking statewide or 48? since i wont be going back so ill tell you guys where i was at. i started off up in warms springs creek. hunted up around buttercup and over by dollarhide. ended up killing a 4 pt. a couple ridges away from the corrals that are down by the road. then we headed south of kelly mtn. out in the desert to try and get my buddy his deer. what a joke. i have never seen so many people....just driving/riding the trails and roads. we didnt stay there for long. ive been up in that country quite a bit over the last few years, but have never seen large amounts of deer. i guess what kept me going back was the quality of the bucks we did see. there still are some mungsters over there. but they are few and far between.

The story was about region 4. It also said that the reason the elk hunters didn't have any luck was due to the lack of snow. That's funny I didn't know that elk sprouted and grew out of the snow. Everyone knows that the wolves have kicked the $hit out of the elk populations. The number of tags have been slashed over the last few years. All over the state the number of elk tags have been cut. Now the moose tags are being SLASHED! maybe the problem with moose is also just no snow. Ron

"All over the state the number of elk tags have been cut. Now the moose tags are being SLASHED! maybe the problem with moose is also just no snow. Ron"

Good one. +1

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom