Unit 42 Bull Tag

Silvies

Can anyone share with me what juniper mountain looks like after the burn? We are headed over on Friday and typically camp at or near the top of the mountain. I am trying to determine where to set camp before we head over because we have 2 groups meeting over there and would like to establish beforehand where we set up. Also any advice on the elk would be much appreciated. We have hunted it twice before and have a good idea where we would like to hunt. I'm not asking for anyone's honey hole just looking to discuss general areas and opinions. Thanks in advance and PM's are welcome.

>Can anyone share with me what
>juniper mountain looks like after
>the burn? We are
>headed over on Friday and
>typically camp at or near
>the top of the mountain.
> I am trying to
>determine where to set camp
>before we head over because
>we have 2 groups meeting
>over there and would like
>to establish beforehand where we
>set up. Also any
>advice on the elk would
>be much appreciated. We
>have hunted it twice before
>and have a good idea
>where we would like to
>hunt. I'm not asking
>for anyone's honey hole just
>looking to discuss general
>areas and opinions. Thanks
>in advance and PM's are
>welcome.

I have a deer tag in 42 right now. Weather is not good. Was close to 65 degrees yesterday. We saw elk the first week of the season but have not seen one since. The weather is just too warm...The animals are just not moving and have no reason to. All the track we've seen is buried in the junipers. Roads are getting more and more torn up as the season progresses. Very dusty.

As far as the burn...they burnt a huge section of Juniper Mountain on the north side that extends clear over to the western side. If you're planning to camp up top, you'll cross through a lot of it. There were a few camps up top on Trout Springs and one right on top near the tower. Lots of camps down on Mud Flat as well. There was a huge camp near the cattle guard on Mud Flat by the road that takes you over Juniper but they cleared out yesterday.

Seems bleak and I don't mean to rain on your parade but it will be a very tough hunt because of the conditions. Feel free to PM me areas you're looking at and Ill let you know what we've seen for sign. We've spent a lot of time down there in the last 6 weeks trying to find the deer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom