Unit 37 ML Deer First Timer

belly_up

My buddy and I are first time western hunters(and muzzleloader) but have bowhunted public whitetail around the midwest. Obviously this is totally new to us. I've done a lot of research on this forum and others, and a have also talked to a few people. We plan to get away from the roads and pressure but my main question is what type of pattern the bucks are in during mid-late october and what type of terrain to focus on? Will most of them be at higher elevations?

Any other tips would be much appreciated! We are willing to put in the work for the best chance of success.

The time I have spent in 37 has been in the wilderness. Saw deer in the lower country on the way up and saw some bucks way up top in the wilderness but it was as in September, don’t know what happens in October-November. See if you can find the buck, He had a decent frame, not a monster but not a forty either
IMG_7804.jpeg

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom