Unit 16 2nd rifle Deer hunt

headedwest

I made a post yesterday in the general mule deer hunting forum without thinking of using the New Mexico forum first. Anyways this is my first time posting on here, but I used this website for information last year when I drew my first tag in NM to go mule deer hunting in unit 23. I saw deer and elk and while I didn't harvest, I had an opportunity and learned a lesson on muzzle loader hunting. Keep your barrels covered on those dewy mornings! Had a backfire. Anyways I drew a unit 16 2nd rifle FAD tag this year and planned to focus in 16D between reserve and Apache creek. Possibly head up to eagles peak. I live 19 hours from there so I will only have two days to scout and any feedback on the area I have chosen to focus on being any good or not. I am willing to share info on unit 23 with anyone that will give me some guidance on 16 deer hunting. I can also share where i see elk during my deer hunt if anyone has a hunt after me for some deer advice in the unit. Also being a whitetail deer hunter from MS i could share info on our public land draw system with anyone that has interest in going after a MS white tail. Thanks

image000000.gif

I have hunted 16d for elk quite a bit, and I can tell you that you will be wasting your time in the area you've chosen to hunt. I have never seen a deer there.

Helped a buddy in 16A last year for archery hunt for elk. Prior to that have not hunted 16. Saw a couple nice bucks. Sent you a pm.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom