unit 13 Muzzy bull hunt questions

AaronHanson

I have a unit 13 Muzzy bull tag. the Hunt is Oct 12 to 16. I have access to private land for this hunt. there is water on the property. We set up trail cams on the water and we are seeing lots of really nice Bulls coming into it. At first it was Bulls only, now its bulls with their little herds. it appears the same bulls are using this water hole for several weeks, and they continue to do so. Can I expect them to remain until my hunt? this property is surrounded by private. it appears that not many people hunt anywhere near it. Did not see any camps or traffic during the archery season.
will they still be herded up? will the big bulls leave the herd? what do you think I can expect.

I wouldn't "expect" anything. It's still hunting. What you have said is encouraging and would have me optimistic, but it's not a guarantee these elk stick to their current pattern. I would plan on targeting the area, given all of the activity you have seen.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom