Topo mapping app.

yak4fish

Okay I got a new smart phone and lost a lot of the features in my Gaia topo app in the process. They want $59.99 for a year subscription, seems like to much to me. So I'm looking for a new topo mapping app. I would like a one time fee rather than a yearly subscription. Any recommendations?
Allen

I haven't used the phone app in years but still have access to my data on their web map. I just log in and there it is.
This is the point I'm at with the customer service rep. When I bought gaia it was $19.99 and it gave me unlimited maps anywhere in the USA. I don't recall setting up a account through email and neither my old email or current show any history on their end. I just used it on my phone and believe info. Should still be on the Sim or SD card. Tech should be contacting me today to hopefully work it out. If not I'm trying another mapping program and losing all my tracks and waypoints in the process.

Gaia wouldn't grandfather me in without a receipt or log in account. I may have a receipt but will take some effort on my part since it was 12 plus years ago. In the mean time I'm going to try the free version of Caltopo this weekend to see if it will get me within 50 feet of my truck after 2 hours of hiking.

If you want to pay once and use it forever get a paper map.
Ahh no. I have used up paper maps plenty of times. And paper maps do nothing for electronic record keeping of points of interest etc and enabling easy and “highly accurate” arrival exactly to points of interest.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom