Tikka or Browning

Hans

I am looking at getting a 6.5 prc for hunting deer and elk. What are your thoughts about going with the Browning xbolt Western hunter long range versus the Tikka T3x lite?

I am a big tikka fan, but browning is not a bad rifle either. I’d try to fondle both. Keep in mind there’s more aftermarket options for the tikka should you want to upgrade the stock, or some day rebarrel.

I am a big tikka fan, but browning is not a bad rifle either. I’d try to fondle both. Keep in mind there’s more aftermarket options for the tikka should you want to upgrade the stock, or some day rebarrel.
I fondled both and I really liked the feeling of the way the Tikka felt as far as the action

I have the 6.5 prc Tikka....With the trigger spring upgrade its as good as any in its price range. shoot most ammo sub moa.

Bought a Tikka T3x lite SS couple years ago, swapped out a new stock and dropped in a timney 2 stage. Its gonna be awhile before I hunt with a different rifle. 2 elk and 2 deer so far.
20230606_123801.jpg

Agree that Tikka is the best off the shelf rifle going. Bought the 6.5 Cm and its awesome. I've narrowed my big game hunting rifles down to 2, the Tikka for deer sized critters and smaller and a custom 300 win mag for the bigger stuff. Very happy as simple is better at least for me.

Have you gone and held them both? Do you have buddies that own each that you could shoot at the range before deciding?

There might be one that “fits” you better. If so, go with that one. Otherwise, I think both are quality rifles that you’d be happy with.

As I sit here reading this, 25 miles from it's headquarters, 20 miles from the original, after the anniversary of D day, in which a gun maker from Utah contributed far above his weight class to the defense of this country and the freedom of the world, I wonder, what has Sako ever done to deserve to be mentioned along side Browning.

Utah, Americans, sporting some foreign Finnish rifle with your metric cartridges?

As for me, I'll keep my American flag, proudly represent my State, and shoot a BROWNING in 30-06 Springfield while I blast Lee Greenwood.

MERICA'!!!!!!!

I just bought a Tikka 6.5 prc and got it set up last week. I will shoot it soon and I am sure it will shoot great like my other tikkas.

As I sit here reading this, 25 miles from it's headquarters, 20 miles from the original, after the anniversary of D day, in which a gun maker from Utah contributed far above his weight class to the defense of this country and the freedom of the world, I wonder, what has Sako ever done to deserve to be mentioned along side Browning.

Utah, Americans, sporting some foreign Finnish rifle with your metric cartridges?

As for me, I'll keep my American flag, proudly represent my State, and shoot a BROWNING in 30-06 Springfield while I blast Lee Greenwood.

MERICA'!!!!!!!
🤣

MERICA'!!!!!!!

How’s that Tacoma treating you, you patriotic hero you…

Tikka T3x Lite by a whisker. Have the stainless steel in 6.5 Creedmoor and love it. Also have an older Browning A bolt in 7mm Rem Mag which has a very smooth action. Agree with others that the price on the X bolts are too high.

Reality is, I have an a bolt.

I bought my kid an x bolt. There's no comparison, that x bolt is on another dimension.

I've shot an older Tikka, there's nothing wrong, I'm just a browning guy.

And yes that x bolt is a 300 win.

Buuuuuuttttttt, his little brother wants a metric hair bun, so I'll be smacking his mother

I posted a similar question a few months back. Lots of Tikka lovers but they suggested a few upgrades. Another MM member suggested once you pay for the upgrades I should just look at a Seekins Precision rifle from Idaho out of the box. I ended up going with that in 6.5PRC. Maybe a bit more expensive but I really love the rifle and lives up to it's name and the warranty is amazing. I appreciated the suggestion even if it wasn't my original question for a certain price point. Just thought I'd throw it in there due to the similarities of our question.

I posted a similar question a few months back. Lots of Tikka lovers but they suggested a few upgrades. Another MM member suggested once you pay for the upgrades I should just look at a Seekins Precision rifle from Idaho out of the box. I ended up going with that in 6.5PRC. Maybe a bit more expensive but I really love the rifle and lives up to it's name and the warranty is amazing. I appreciated the suggestion even if it wasn't my original question for a certain price point. Just thought I'd throw it in there due to the similarities of our question.
That is what I did on my last gun, I went for the seekins element in a 28 nosler. I like it a LOT more than the Tikka, seekins is best for the money. but so is Tikka. Big difference in price.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom