thought i was going to die

bayside

I work for the Department of Transportation, and during the winter, I am assigned to plow snow in little cottonwood canyon. We usually don't go up at night, but there was a party at Snowbird, and I was told to go bring the partiers down at 10 PM. It was an absolute blizzard, and on my way back down, I lost all traction, and completely lost control of my truck. I began to fishtail really hard, and pick up speed. I was trying everything, I tried lifting my headplow, my wing plow, putting them down, hitting the engine brake, ect, but nothing seemed to pull me out. I was nearing an area where the Left side drops off a cliff, and thought for sure I was going over the edge. I put both my plows down, and tightened my seatbelt, and somehow, was able to angle myself so that I crashed into the mountain on the right side. I hit very hard, but didn't hurt myself. Anyways, it was freakin scary, and I'm glad I'm alive. The next time up/down wasn't quite as crazy as that one was.

Was it hard to get the seat cover out of your cornhole? After a butt pucker that bad I bet there was quite a bit in there.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

+1 on the butt pucker. I've been in some scary situations while driving commercially.

Traditional >>>------->

I'm betting you couldn't drive a 16 penny nail up there with a 3 lb hammer.
Glad it came out ok for ya. Good Luck the rest of the winter.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Do they put chains on those things? That should have at least given you a little more stop traction. Glad you're safe. I'm sure you have some family that's pretty worried about future events.

you watch yourself ,,,,,,, my dad worked for the county road dept no telling how many times he had close calls ,,,, all you ever hear out of people is how "those guys don't do anything" or "how many of those guys does it take" to do anything ,,,,,,, you run equipment that can kill you on a daily basis ,,,,,,,, watch yourself

Good that you are ok.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Glad to hear you made it out OK. Thanks for all you do to keep our roads open and safe. Last year I saw a TV show that featured the plow drivers in Little Cottonwood (I think they called it the deadliest road in America...haha) canyon. Were you on this show?

TRH

I was not on the show. They filmed for one year, and never made another season. I got moved to this crew that next year. I guess the shows weren't exciting enough.

It was pretty scary also when the other plow truck was coming up for you , and he started to slide off towards the river . That dude in the Lexus suv had no place to go , and I was just cringing waiting for the crash .

It was fun like that all night on the skating rink .

haha that's crazy that you were there, hopefully we didn't almost cause you to wreck, sorry if that was the case. How was the party BTW? Bummer we had to miss it cause it's usually great.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom