the one that got away

ce61

after looking at that favorite plinkers thread, got me thinking about a 22 browning auto rifle i had and traded off for a 22mag. autoloader. sure wish i had that one back. anybody else have one or two they wish they would have hung on to. ce61

I also had a Browning BL .22 lever action I let get away. I banged it all up but its factory open sights were right on and I could hit a squirrel or rabbit in the eye most of the time with it.

About a year ago I got another one and it shoots fine but not as good as my old one. (Maybe I am just getting old and can't see the sights as well.)

In the mid to late 70's, i had a job where we had to qualify with a handgun before employment. The person in charge of our squad, witnessed my targets and though i had never before competed with a handgun, he asked me to be a member of his small team that traveled around and shot at various competitions for the company. I didn't have a target handgun so i bought one used that he had for sale.

It was a S&W based on a model 19 frame. Special barrel with a wide flat top, extra light and smooth double action trigger pull, great sights, and some other aftermarket target shooting goodies. That thing was a real pleasure to shoot. It hardly jumped at all when shooting .38 wadcutters. They paid for my coffee cans full of practice ammo and my time at the range, naturally, i shot it a lot. Love to have that gun back, sold it some years later.

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom