the good old .380

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
i never really liked the .380 acp all that much, until i was out with my buddy and shot his. i'm hooked. that was was accurate and sweet shooting. i'm looking to add yet another gun to the collection. what do you think of the .380 acp?

Historically the .380 was underloaded and mostly available in cheap pistols. Not much to write home about.
With all the rage about the CC permits and demand for small carry pistols the .380 has grown up. New powders, new bullets, great pistols etc together make the .380 a cool little choice for a light carry piece!
This ain't your daddy's .380 any more!
They are also a blast to shoot. Light recoil makes them perfect for the man or the woman.
Cool little cartridge!
Zeke

The 380 is a very underated cartridge. I would feel comfortable packing one for a c.c. gun. I used to shoot a makarov in .380 and was surprised at the damage it did on small game.

My Grandpa was looking for a nice little pistol for a CCW... RELH recomended this pistol.. My grandpa carries his 1911 when he can but sometimes it can be hard to conceal.I have to say that it is a sweet little gun..

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCP.htm

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

When we say .380 we mean .380 acp or 9mm kurv.

However, when using the 9mm kurz name, people confuse it with the longer 9mm luger or 9mm parabellum.

Confusing enough?

Zeke

Zeke said,"When we say .380 we mean .380 acp or 9mm kurv.
However, when using the 9mm kurz name, people confuse it with the longer 9mm luger or 9mm parabellum.
Confusing enough?"

Not really Zeke, i'd be more confused if you could tell me why a 38sp is not really a .38!! :)

Joey

LOL!
That's one that I've never heard a good answer for.
Why in the world would we call a .357 dia cal by the name of 38?
AND to confuse matters further, not all 38's are 357 dia. The 38 super is a .355-.356 dia like the 9mm's.
When you figure it out will you PLEASE let me in on the secret.
Zeke

I like the handguns that are chambered for it a lot. Is it underpowered compared to the .40 or .45 yes. But having all three I would say the best gun to carry concealed is one that you will actually carry all the time any place any where (that's legal) and for me its the .380. Tiny guns that you can carry comfortably and conceal with ease. Ruger LCP, Keltech and so on.

My daily carry is a Bersa thunder in the .380. If I am going to downtown Ogden I carry the .357, other than that the Bersa is in the pocket.

I just gave my Sig 232 to my lil'sis she loves it .....As far as an auto I'll keep my 10MM close to my heart!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom