THE DOWNSIDE OF A SHEDDOG.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
Christmas Eve came and I went to bed with dreams of presents from ole Saint Nick. When I awoke in the morning I ran out into the living room, just like a kid, to see what Santa had brought me but when I got there I was dissapointed to see that there were no presents. I reflected back on the year and could not remember being a bad boy so I should have recieved someting but I couldn't even find a bag of coal. I got dressed and went out side to look for reindeer hoofprints and sled tracks and this is what I saw.
019-1.jpg

Daisy, my shed dog, was sitting by an antler and what looked to be a pair of red pants and a red Santa hat. She kept sitting over that antler looking back and forth in both direstions as if she was guarding it.
017-2.jpg

I had heard a big rukkus during the night with a lot of barking and growling but I just thought the dogs wer playing around and barking at the coyotes. I told Daisy to "Bring me the Bone."
027-1.jpg

Holy sugar plums, look at that antler! My best guess is that good ole Santa came sledding in and Daisy did exactly what she was supposed to do. She got the bone and she got it right off of that ole reindeers head. And then Santa must have tried to get it back but from the looks of things he must have come out on the losing end. Mrs. fatrooster wasn't very happy about not getting any presents and she ordered me to write a letter to Santa with an apology. I think it will go like this,

Dear Santa, I am so sorry that my shed dog Daisy gave you such a hard time when you came to my house. You must have been cold going through the rest of the night without your pants and your hat. I promise that I will lock her up next year so she cannot get to you or your reindeer and I will leave what is left of your pants and hat hanging up on the chimeny with our stockings next year.
P.S. I'm very sorry about Daisy stealing that reindeer antler off of his head but since he's already down to one antler he probably doesn't need the other one. I'd sure love to have a matching set of reindeer antlers. from fatrooster.

Merry Christmas to all of the MM gang from the Edwards family.

Today was the first day i got on MM since sometime this summer after i quit shed hunting. It sure was entertaining to find ole fatrooster up to his usuall. As for Daisy she was doing was she knew best. I took Goose out for his first trip of the year last weekend as a scouting day and we ended up putting eyes on two different bull moose. I'm gonna check the one spot tomorrow so hopefully he has dropped by now, they usually fall before new years where i'm at. Find the horn Goose!

muledeernuts, goodluck on finding those moose antlers, I sure wish we had moose here were I live. I wanna see a picture of Goose carrying a moose palm. fatrooster.

I probably scared off santa because I was up 3 times letting my 11 week lab outside,she really likes to retrieve antlers but it's just like having a newborn baby again.She was my early christmas from wife and kids

Daisy-1 Fatrooster-0 Wonder who will find the most this year? Go Daisy :) Hey Fatrooster I got a shed pup for Christmas have any tips on how to start a pup out. Thanks

habitat, its good to see that you are getting up in the middle of the night to take the pup out to do its thing. Most people are too lazy to get up and then they wonder why thier pup won't get potty trained. Lets see some puppy pics.
coyote, start with the basics like "sit", "stay", and "come." These three commands are very important in teaching your pup any kind of hunting and retrieving. Train in 5 minute or less sessions several times a day and keep it fun for the pup without drilling him. As he gets older you can increase the traininmg time. When his tail starts to droop or he starts to become uninterested during the training session then stop right there and start a new session later. Go to antlerdogs.com and read everything you can find on there. For basic dog commands get a book to teach you how to teach the early commands. I prefer "Waterdog" by Richard A. Wolters but the market is flooded with books. Then, keep me posted with your progress and I can help you out if you run into a wall or if your pup develops a problem that you don't know how to fix. Give your pup lots of praise when he does what you want him to do. Goodluck with the training. fatrooster.

1436misc._pics_247.jpg

Fatrooster here is a pic of Benelli we got her from wiskeydog she is half bluetic and half Lab. Thanks for the info, hope to have lots of fun with her, like you do with daisy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom