Thanks California Hunters!!

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
I get sick and tired of hearing people critisize California
hunters (I am from Utah).

I have thought about this a lot lately. Think about the BS a California hunter has to put up with? With all the anti idiots that live there, I couldn't imagine having to work around these
type(s) of people.

I have never met a bad California hunter. However, I have met a lot of idiots from my home state!

Thanks woodruffhunter.There's good and bad ones in every state.I'm embarrassed at what I've heard some Cali. hunters do, but I also read about what others nuts do in other states as well. We all have them.

woodruffhunter;

Thanks for the pat on the back. I have hunted many times in Wyoming, Montana, S.Dakota, and most always when contacting a local, they have been very respectful and willing to help.
I think alot is said how you approach the local is what you will get in return. Show respect for them and their property and they will return it. I can not recall how many times meeting a local for the first time, resulted in them going out of their way to help us.
As for the slobs who call themselfs hunters, they got what they asked for.

RELH

Just a note about a old boy from Colorado who did some Kali boys right. Back in the late 70's, 4 of us in two rigs arrived in Meeker a few days ahead of the deer opener. My rig at the time was two wheel drive, had city tires and a camper on it, strictly a gear and meat hauler. The hunting rig we took, promply broke the transmission and had to be towed to Grand Junction for repairs. There was at least 6" of snow on the ground and Cold. We all hit the Meeker Hotel and cried in our beers that we wern't gonna be able to get off the road to get into our hunting area without the 4 wheel drive rig.

Sitting next to me was an ol boy in a cowboy hat. He had overheard us lamenting and in time introduced himself as Roy Sanderson. He said that being we were in a fix, that he had a jeep with a diesel moter in it and that if i was willing to go back to his place with him, i could drive it back into town and hunt with it until we got the 4 wheel rig back from the doctor. Mr. Sanderson asked nothing for the use of his jeep or generosity, truly a rare, kind, man. We took him up on his offer and after several days of use, loaded his jeep with goodies on it's return.

Never forget that what he did for us. Truly a kind deed by a rare sole, indeed!

My Dad and I (Californians) hunt the same ranch almost every year in Region D in Wyoming and the rancher has people from all over the country come and hunt. We've seen guys from Idaho, New Jersey, Minnesota, etc. Most of the guys are good outdoorsman that respect hunting, the animals and the property. The guys from New Jersey will not be invited back for this reason. They shot two deer (one each) and had only planned on taking the backstraps back with them. The rancher was horrified and gave them a rash of sh!t about it. It amazes me that guys would come that far and expect not to be given a hard time about not taking all the meat home. The rancher told them that if they don't take all the meat home then they'd need to contact an organization to disperse the meat to the homeless or soup kitchen. What a joke.

I'm not saying all hunters from Jersey are bad, but these two guys really took the cake.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-08 AT 05:02PM (MST)[p]

Thanks Woodruff!

Was thinking about doing a similar post for a long time.
I hear the dumb ass references to "California Hunters" all the time on this board and get real sick and tired of it, it shows a lot of ignorance.
Hell, the first thing I do when I hunt out of state is remove my front license plate to keep some asssh*le from vandalizing my pickup.
I live in the northern half and most of you regulars have seen my hunting & fishing photos over the years, but there are tons of new guys here too.
There are a lot of hard core hunters from Cali that can and do have as much skill, drive and ethics as anyone from any state.
I used to live on a ranch and know my way around horses & cattle.
We have a lot of good hunting & fishing here and for these I don't have to draw tags.
Don't feel sorry for me!...

Blacktails...(Two Bucks A Year!)
tbt-1.jpg

Turkeys...(Three Toms Each Spring)
1-11.jpg

Lots of Black Bears...

5-1.jpg

Fall salmon might be cancelled this year, but I've caught as many as a man should be allowed to in a lifetime.

m-1.jpg

20-1.jpg

t2-1.jpg

Steelhead Trout...We got em too...

9876bp8.jpg

HPIM2110.jpg

People seem to think we are all city dwellers too.
Here is my pad...

home1.jpg

My front porch...

ph-1.jpg

Anyway, Life ain't all bad here. Nope, not bad at all!
HH

woodruffhunter, thank you for the very kind words! It means more than you know!

I was born and raised here in California, met my wife here. Now we both have aging parents to care for and other family ties. But it sure is a joy and a special treat when I get the opportunity to hunt out of state. Hopfully I will cross paths with you some day.

Eel!

Eel,

Come on up during the hunts in Utah. You are invited to hunt with us anytime. That goes for the other "Califorians" as well.
If any of you ever need a place to hunt, come give the Utah
general deer and elk hunts a "shot"!!

Great post HH, I have always enjoyed your posts and admire you for spending time with your son.

People critisizing California hunters?

I hear people critisizing Utah hunters more than California hunters 10 to 1, And not just hunters, Utah fishermen and Utah scavangers I mean shed hunters as well.

Thanks Woody... met some in Nevada that scared me..
Thank God you posted this ...HunterHarry was going to explode if he could not post that bear picture again soon!(that was close!).. how you feel about Texans?
Utah is a great place to hunt I look forward to it every time and never had I ever raised an eyebrow and said "wow' that "sucked" except these yahoos from Vegas on quads who thought they could do what ever they wanted too..
The girls in Kanab (MICKY D are a bit into partying but so am I...)
Ryan's cool!
Rackmaster

Rack,
Buddy you got issues dude.
You always ride my ass for some reason.
It is the brown bear pic that freaks you out.
No wait it's the black bear pic.
No wait it's every pic I post.
Whatever.
HH

HH!!!

DON'T LET THAT PERVO JACKMASTER BOTHER YOU!!!

HE'S NOT HAPPY BECAUSE HE KEEPS THINKING YOU'RE GONNA SHOW HIM A BEAR WITH A "RED" TINT TO IT AND FROM THE "BACK" SIDE!!!

THEN YOU'D HAVE HIS ATTENTION!!!

"YOU GOT ISSUES DUDE" IS RIGHT!!!

((( }> }> }>!!! )))

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

AND BY THE WAY!!!

I LIKE ALL THE KALI HUNTERS ON THIS SITE!!!

DON'T KNOW IF I LIKE ALL KALI HUNTERS,BUT MOST OF THEM,LOL!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

THERE ARE BY FAR MORE TARDS I CUSS THAN ANY OTHER BREED!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom