Taxidermy protection

Forester

What are you guys using to protect your taxidermy from bugs? I have used a product called Mount Protector from Mount Medix and it seems to work alright. Just wondering if there is anything better out there. I know there are some professionals on here and some guys with huge collections, what are you using?

Always keep in a climate controlled areas. Any freeze dried taxidermy inspect often and inspect monthly. Remove immediately when you find bugs. Get your taxidermist to use the mount media pre-soak when mounting your animals. That helps a bunch. By clothes moth traps in your trophy rooms and change them out regularly.

There are paint additives that you can add to the paint or topcoat stain sealants that are supposed to kill insects. I added it the paint when I painted the walls that have taxidermy.
WALLA WALLA ENVIRONMENTAL, 5 Gallon 156481 Bug Paint Additive, Clear https://a.co/d/2IXl8Pz

Thanks for the replies guys. That bug juice sounds interesting, did not know it existed. Does it seem effective? Looks like the active ingredient is Deltamethrin.
I haven't had any bugs get to any of my taxidermy yet. I can't be sure that is the reason. In my opinion it is a cheap way to add an extra layer of protecton.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom