Super Hunts

yup. if your still asking it wasn't you that drew.

i didn't donate this year. probably means it woulda been my year

Anyone willing to chat about the top tier units in Idaho for deer. Please don't slam me about first time post asking for help. Due to inactivity my account was erased. Thank you. If you would rather communicate via email that would be great. [email protected]

Looks like we got a lucky hunter. Congratulations on the tag. Don’t waste it. Pressure gets to guys on these tags sometimes

Looks like we got a lucky hunter. Congratulations on the tag. Don’t waste it. Pressure gets to guys on these tags sometimes
Thank you. First time I have ever won anything like this or a primo unit/hunt for that matter in the west. I grew up in Nevada and have hunted units on the Idaho line many times. Then I moved to Alaska to really learn about hunting. I will not waste the tag and plan to spend months in Idaho if need be just looking for some first hand knowledge of units and talk hunting before I put boots on the ground in Sept.

These tags can be a curse. My advice, narrow your focus.

Late season tags are best if you don’t have much time, but if time is your friend then lean toward a hunt you can really scout and hunt em in the same place.

Good luck!

These tags can be a curse. My advice, narrow your focus.

Late season tags are best if you don’t have much time, but if time is your friend then lean toward a hunt you can really scout and hunt em in the same place.

Good luck!
I would actually approach this tag differently to really enjoy it as much as possible. There’s a couple early rifle hunts that can have the potential for a pretty nice velvet buck, then I know where I’d be in October if I didn’t see one in August. And of course all the while knowing the late hunts are going to be a dream so no pressure.

I’d spread it out to the hunts in each season I’ll probably never draw again knowing it could be over any minute if the right buck steps out.

But, I live here. So that’s easy to say. Coming down from Alaska, unless you just have no limit of the time snd resources to do that from that distance. pick one and wait for the late hunts

A friends Dad drew the combo Super Hunt several years ago. He never killed an animal. Has some bulls over 370, so was picky but only hunted Sept. Didn't even hunt antelope as he doesn't like them. Never saw a B&C moose so passed. Waited until Nov for deer, and got busy with work. Went one time!!!

A friends Dad drew the combo Super Hunt several years ago. He never killed an animal. Has some bulls over 370, so was picky but only hunted Sept. Didn't even hunt antelope as he doesn't like them. Never saw a B&C moose so passed. Waited until Nov for deer, and got busy with work. Went one time!!!
This is what frustrates me about these draws!!

I retired in 23 so time is all I got. I actually store my Tacoma in Boise and am fortunate to have friends in all corners of the state. I will never have an opportunity to hunt like this again so I’m gonna give it my all!
Look at the early 55 hunt for mule deer.. some good bucks come off that hunt..

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom