Steelheading Trip of a Lifetime! With Video and Pictures!

J

jt00082

This week I went on a 3 day steelheading trip to the Salmon River. I had a trip booked with Salmon River Lodge and it was the trip of a lifetime! We were picked up by jet boat at Corn Creek and took to the lodge. After a nice 4-wheeler ride we went out on the boat to do some fishing before dinner.

I picked up this nice 35 inch (16 pound) wild hen on my first cast while hot shotting.

3056trip_one.jpg

That fish fought me for 25 minutes and my arm/shoulder was VERY sore afterwards!

We had a great dinner and went off to bed. We got up on Thursday morning and went out on the 30 foot jet boat down river. We stopped at several holes picking up steelhead left and right! We went as far as 12 miles down river. I caught 7 steelhead for the trip my buddy caught 2. All but 2 of the fish were wild native fish. What took me by surprise was the size of these fish. Most of them were B run. I caught steelhead that were 25", 30", 30", 33", 34", 35", AND 37". I also caught an 18" Westslope Cutthroat trout (a first for me).

I also caught this nice bull trout (also a first for me).

965bull.jpg

We missed and lost SEVERAL other fish too! We were picking them up on almost anything you could imagine. Corkies, flies, spoons, spinners, shrimp, and hotshots. This was a once in a lifetime trip!!! I hope to be able to go do it again and maybe catch as many fish!

I got a lot of great video as well! You can see the video at the link below. Enjoy!

Here are a few videos of the crazy jet boating we did too:

Josh

Nice!

What's the bottom of that Boat look like?:D

Wisz = Future Recipient of a Phone Call....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom