Spring Bear

A

Average300

I've never done a bear hunt in my life before so need some info. Anything Helps!. I'm planning on going bear hunting this spring in the sawmill canyon area. Take season is a considered a general hunt I assume. ?? As far as baiting i seen the rules and i have to get a permit but, im just curious what would be some first steps to take, what all to buy just any helpful tips would be much appreciated.

Sawmill Canyon past howe. borders the unit 51 area i believe the unit is 37 and 37A

Don't wait till the last minute to get bait. Start looking now especially if you have freezer space bread doughnuts are great. If you can find a restaurant or deli with oil tank out back that you can get used cooking oil start rounding up 5 gallon buckets.you can look draws over on google and start thinking about spots but alot of time your tied to what you can get to with snow pack. Camera is a must it will tell u whats coming in and when. Committ to the end of season lot of people give up in first 3 or 4 weeks because running bait can be allot of work. I hunt with 3 or 4 other guys and usually only one of us is after a bear but we all put in time, gas, and sweat. Its allot of fun watching some of the stuff bears do at bait sight.

Thanks for the info I am looking forward to this hunt glad i have people like you willing to help out. So all i do is just get a 55 gallon drum and put all the bait in it right?

Once you get bears hitting your bait the work begins. Have all your friends fill their tags, Idaho could use a few less bears. Baiting is super fun, not rocket science. Pick a good timbered drainage, set some horrible smelling fish or food, come back in a few days and shoot a bear. May not be exactly that easy, but it sure can be. Have fun!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom