Spotted my first Utah Wolf.............

M

MsDestiny

My Father and I were hunting the early extension for Disabled Hunters in North West Utah and we came across our First Utah Grey Wolf... it was quite a huge animal.. 150 to 175lbs.. it was about to make a meal of a skin and bones cow left up on the summer range of Kimbel Creek... a few miles north of Grouse Creek. We were actually going to shoot it inspite of it officially not existing in Utah and it being on some Endangered List but neither of us could get out of the truck fast enough before the Wolf topped the ridge and out of sight. October 19.

Both of us have shot many many Coyotes over the years and actually saw five during our deer hunt and this thing was huge. We reported it to the DWR Biologist and he said there were three other Wolf reports on last Saturday.. well, they're in Utah now for what thats worth.

Destiny

Some on here may call bs on me but about five years ago I was out for a drive on a dirt road that goes from pinevalley to pinto, when I spotted a very large dog it was a light blackgrayish color. way to big to be a yote and I know for a fact it wasnt some stray dog. I swear it was a wolf but never got the best look at it.

Not gonna argue on seeing a grey Wolf?

But I do believe 175 pounder would qualify for a Timber Wolf?

So you're telling the DWR/Wolf lovers you'll shoot em no matter what the law says?:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

I'm glad you was going to shoot it! If ut hunters wan't to end up like MT,ID,&WY then let them walk if we don't kill them they will take over all that money to stop wolf's didn't do a f'ckn thing!

Shoot it in the guts so it runs off and dies far away from you. That's my plan anyway.

At what point are the CITIZENS of Utah going to go to their elected representatives and say "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"? You all have an opportunity on November 2nd to begin pushing back hard, take advantage of it. Then, after the election, go to your newly elected representatives in the House and Senate and make this an issue that they know is important to Utahans. Draw a line in the dirt and say "No wolves in Utah". The original plan that was put into force called for wolves in the Yellowstone region and Bitterroot Wilderness. It did NOT call for wolves in UTAH, Colorado, Oregon or any other state that wasn't named Montana, Wyoming or Idaho.

Put your foot down hard, and make it clear that you're not going to tolerate the heavy handed approach of the wolf loving crowd, and USFWS. Here's a good bumper sticker idea for you....

NO WOLVES IN UTAH!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-10 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]MsDestiny: do yourself a favor and go to www.huntwolves.com and read the story of an experince some elk hunters had a few weeks back,with a PACK of wolves;it is truley a hair raising story!!It is ashame what this govt has done,and will continue to do so with complete disregard for all wildlife and people ;excluding the non-indiginious canadian grey wolve.It truley is a crime of a very large magnitude,this wolve is being used as a tool,and is part of an agenda;progressivs of this country are using to disrupt society and many other american ways of life.sss

Hey fat banty!
No,I wouldn't shoot it!:D

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

It's not SSS!

It's SS&STFU!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

I just got back from hunting Unit 55 in Idaho. Spotted my first wolf just five miles from the Utah border, so they are there. Couldn't get a shot or it would be gone.

I have a bud who told me he got a picture of one on his trail cam near East Canyon. (south east of Morgan, UT)

There are NO wolves in Utah but I have heared you have some very large coyotes. By the way, I believe you can shoot coyotes no matter how big or small they are. Please shoot ALL coyotes so they don't make their way down to AZ.

Thank you and Good Hunting.

There was a reason why Wolves were exterminated once and it's the same reason we have now.. What explanation will the tree huggers give us when one of these buggers takes down a small child ?

We must shoot them for the Children's safety.

Destiny

If you guys are all from Utah... You would be wise to just shoot these animals when you see them. If they establish packs in your state. The Feds will make sure you are on the next list. All of these posts about wolves in Utah should be deleted and you guys should hurry up and take matters into your own hands. Once the Feds are involved... your critter numbers are in jeopardy.

Fun fact for you - There have been only two confirmed human deaths in North America sinse 1900, while American black bears have killed at least 61 people in the same period. Domestic dogs have killed about 345 people in Canada and the United States sinse 1982. Hunting accidents have killed far more people than woves.

Fun fact for you RiverLover......a wolf will never predate on any of my children. S.S.S.

>Fun fact for you - There
>have been only two confirmed
>human deaths in North America
>sinse 1900, while American black
>bears have killed at least
>61 people in the same
>period. Domestic dogs have killed
>about 345 people in Canada
>and the United States sinse
>1982. Hunting accidents have killed
>far more people than woves.
>

Hey genius - It is not wolves killing people that we are afraid of. Have you ever heard of them devestating the elk and moose in Idaho? You might want to look into that.

I was just replying to DESTINY

"There was a reason why Wolves were exterminated once and it's the same reason we have now.. What explanation will the tree huggers give us when one of these buggers takes down a small child ?
We must shoot them for the Children's safety.

Destiny"

Okay-sorry. I do agree with you. Telling people that we need to shoot wolves to save the children is a little far fetched.(knock on wood)

I believe I spotted my first wolf down in American Fork Canyon.. Anyone else seen anything there?

All the wolves are Gray Wolves, Canis Lupis, and there are a few that called Timber Wolf's, including the one's that used to be down here in the US Rockies. 175 pounds is a big, big wolf!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom