Spare Rifle in Truck

ElmerFudd

Very Active Member
What say you? A spare rifle nearly identical to what you carry hunting, or a cheap but reliable rifle/scope in a common caliber in case you need more ammo at wherever close? My spare is a Savage Axis 308 with a Leupold VX-1 2x7. Not a huge loss if it gets stolen in my truck at the trailhead, but shoots good. I can't buy a gun out of state and there is a waiting period in CA.

Anytime I leave town for a hunt I bring two of whatever. I think more important is a bow, easier to break if you eat s#$% and fall on it. Muzzleloaders maybe the exception since you have to own like 5 now depending on what state your in. You hit it on the head something under a grand scope and rifle together that is also not your dads or grandpas old gun that is sentimental. Mine is a CDL 700 30-06 I got used a long time ago from a friend, paid $450 for it. Nice gun but would not cry to bad if it was gone one day.

A Savage 17 in the truck, and a H&R Handi Rifle 223 on the work 4-wheeler. I don’t hunt with a rifle very often.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom