SO NILLER??? NOW YOU'RE THE KING???

This is something I’ve told people for a year now. Just like the trail cam issue. And I think there are also people on the Board that are willing to chuck this committee aside and act with or without their recommendations at this point as well. See Mr Heaton’s statements on technology the last time the board discussed it, as an example.

Just so Bessy doesn’t cry at me twice, I’m not asking for muzzy scopes to be restricted. Just saying I predict they will within the next 2 years regardless of how I feel.
Not disputing what you're saying but the WB is who asked for the assembly of this particular committee.

Maybe that's just a cover up or smokescreen for the higher power ?‍♂️

Absolutely they asked for it, and it may have come from "above," or it may not have. I definitely think they were hoping your group was going to come with specific recommendations that were not going to be super popular so they could throw you under the bus and just say "The committee came up with it!" I don't think they are getting what they had hoped would come in recommendations.

But Heaton tipped his hat at the last board meeting on this one when he was ready to call for motions and votes on technology before you all even finished your work. And maybe what he was hoping to pass at that meeting would have been great and I would have loved it? He just seemed very ready to do what he was going to do regardless of what you all did.

I have to assume the WB is pooping their pants a little bit with the actions the legislature has taken the last couple years. I think they see their power waning, and that is a good thing! Stay tuned...it ought to be interesting!

I Did Watch it hawky!

If We've Got a Doe Problem Let's Round Up Some Sportsmen/Dedicated Hunters & Help The DWR Move Them!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

-

I am not a fan of doe hunts, particularly when our herds are struggling. However, the DWR explained their reasoning for the limited number of doe tags being offered. If you want to understand, watch this video from 5:00 to 7:00 and Dax Mangus will explain their rationale:

In case you choose not to watch the video, which is likely ;) , the 75 additional doe tags on the South Slope are meant to target deer in the Ashley Valley area that are living in town and pose a public safety issue.

Hawkeye

I Did Watch it hawky!

If We've Got a Doe Problem Let's Round Up Some Sportsmen/Dedicated Hunters & Help The DWR Move Them!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!
I think they tried that in Bountiful. I am not sure how realistic or cost-effective doe trapping and transplants are but perhaps Slammy can chime in on that one.

Hawkeye

Just as I thought.....

You have no skin in the game, therefore you have no gripe in where "everyone else's" money is spent.
We all have skin in the game as utah residents. A lot of that money is raised off of public tags that were unwillingly removed from our draw. That right there should give all of us some say in where that money is spent.

Just Sayin hawky:

Can We Afford To Shoot Our Does?

I'm With Hogg_65 on This!

I think they tried that in Bountiful. I am not sure how realistic or cost-effective doe trapping and transplants are but perhaps Slammy can chime in on that one.

Hawkeye

Are Does What Puts More Numbers Of Deer On The Ground?

That's All I've Been Hearing On Here!
Yes, you are finally getting the message. Bucks do not birth fawns - does and fawn survival rates are they key to growing our herds.

If you watched the antlerless video from the DWR, you will see that they have substantially reduced doe tags over the last several years, and there is an overall decrease this year. As Dax stated in the video, they are only offering a few limited doe tags in specific areas this year to address disease, public safety and private property issues. If you or somebody else has ability to capture and transplant the problem deer in the Ashley Valley, then more power to you. If my memory serves me right, they tried that a few years ago in Bountiful, and it was expensive and ineffective. Perhaps Slammy can chime in, since MDF was involved in those efforts.

Hawkeye

Last edited:
Well hawky!

Some Money Just Might Have To Be Put Back In To The Herd!

Sure It's Not Cheap!

I Never Once Said Bucks Produce More Fawns!

Check Your Memory & For Decades I've Said We Need More Deer Numbers!

Buck To Doe Ratio Management Is The Poorest Management You Could Ever Manage A Game Herd With!

WE NEED MORE DEER!

You Hear That hawky?

It'll Never Be Fixed!

It Would Take Severe Changes & The Opportunists,The GREED & The $$$ will Never Let It Happen!

Yes, you are finally getting the message. Bucks do not birth fawns - does and fawn survival rates are they key to growing our herds.

If you watched the antlerless video from the DWR, you will see that they have substantially reduced doe tags over the last several years, and there is an overall decrease this year. As Dax stated in the video, they are only offering a few limited doe tags in specific areas this year to address disease, public safety and private property issues. If you or somebody else has ability to capture and transplant the problem deer in the Ashley Valley, then more power to you. If my memory serves me right, they tried that a few years ago in Bountiful, and it was expensive and ineffective. Perhaps Slammy can chime in, since MDF was involved in those efforts.

Hawkeye

Bess, I have never put in for an antlerless permit in my life, but for you I will put in for a doe tag and if I am lucky enough to draw out I will burn it and not kill a doe.
Even thoe I do see some purpose to doe permits.

Good to see bessy back to his old “I don’t have a darn clue so I’m just going to yell” self.

I was beginning to think you had a rational streak going. Glad to see we aren’t jumping to extremes here.

You're a GENIUS notdon!

Rather Than Me Tearing Up A Buck Tag In Front Of Hossy Before The Hunts Start!

Gonna Try & Draw a Doe Tag!

I'll Rip It Up Right In Front Of Him While Somebody Films It!

Me Saving 6 Deer Is Better Than Saving One Deer,Right?

Bess, I have never put in for an antlerless permit in my life, but for you I will put in for a doe tag and if I am lucky enough to draw out I will burn it and not kill a doe.
Even thoe I do see some purpose to doe permits.

Last edited:
You're a GENIUS notdon!

Rather Than Me Tearing Up A Buck Tag In Front Of Hossy Before The Hunts Start!

Gonna Try & Draw a Doe Tag!

I'll Rip It Up Right In Front Of Him While Somebody Films It!

Me Saving 6 Deer Is Better Than Saving One Deer,Right?
Hossy seems like he has been a little on edge lately, he could used something to cheer him up.

Well slam I cant stay silent on this one. Yes years ago I did belong to sfw for the first two years. I seen how much money they brought in and how much money they actually spent on the ground. What a figgin joke it was. The money payday and his cronies walked away with is insane. All the other groups are one and the same in my opinion. If they truly started their organizations to Really improve our game animals they would have worked for peanuts and not for gold. All the money brought in would go to the game instead of padding their pockets. I hate that so many tags are pimped out to the rich guys every year. Hell you could hunt every year in the best units. All it takes is money! The game in the state belong to all of us not just for the money boys. We should all get a reasonable chance at them. 50,000 from each of these groups that brought in millions is an insult to me. i work hard for my money, so I will not give them 100 dollars so 5 dollars of it will go to the animals, no thanks. To me that’s just like driving down the road with the window down and throwing money out the window. I spent over 800 dollars this winter feeding the poor damn deer that were starving To death. And yes I never feed them to death like them educated idiots tells us. 100 percent of my money went to the wildlife not 10%. Ask your old boss ( that I respect ) from years ago what he thinks about all these groups? It has ruined the whole thing in my opinion.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom