Shooting form one unit to the next?

Those messages are bogus. No way that garbage came from the G&F.

Here's another scenario: I'm hunting in a general area and I'm near the boundary of another general and both are open. There are elk in range but not in the area I'm in, but again both areas are open and general. The hitch is this: the general area I'm in is open for Antlered elk and the area the elk are in is open for Any elk. The only elk I see are antlerless and I'm fine shooting a big cow.

What did I do?

Here's another scenario: I'm hunting in a general area and I'm near the boundary of another general and both are open. There are elk in range but not in the area I'm in, but again both areas are open and general. The hitch is this: the general area I'm in is open for Antlered elk and the area the elk are in is open for Any elk. The only elk I see are antlerless and I'm fine shooting a big cow.

What did I do?
You get of your side by side and walk and cross into the open area to shoot a big cow.

Someone who shouldn't have been responding responded to the first email and then they talked about it and made an official 2nd response. Why is this so hard to understand?

What did I do?
Sounds to me like your licence (which 1st step regulates where you can hunt elk) was valid. And 2nd criteria, the area in which it was legal for you to kill a cow, was compliant. Sounds fine. Congrats on the cow.

This is completely opposite from the OP scenario from which you wouldn’t have met step 1 in an Limited area situation. As for emails being not from G&F, well you are wrong. But everyone here can get their own just like I did, you don’t need to believe anything I say.

Someone who shouldn't have been responding responded to the first email and then they talked about it and made an official 2nd response. Why is this so hard to understand?
Someone who shouldn't have been responding, responded to the second email. G&F is all over the map on this one.

Sounds to me like your licence (which 1st step regulates where you can hunt elk) was valid. And 2nd criteria, the area in which it was legal for you to kill a cow, was compliant. Sounds fine. Congrats on the cow.

This is completely opposite from the OP scenario from which you wouldn’t have met step 1 in an Limited area situation. As for emails being not from G&F, well you are wrong. But everyone here can get their own just like I did, you don’t need to believe anything I say.
I'm shooting a cow from an area that is only open for bulls. That's not opposite from the OP. If a cow was standing in front of me in the area I was in, I couldn't shoot it. This is almost identical with the OP question. Almost.

I'm shooting a cow from an area that is only open for bulls. That's not opposite from the OP. If a cow was standing in front of me in the area I was in, I couldn't shoot it. This is almost identical with the OP question. Almost.
We are sooo close to meeting in the middle here. The difference is that your general licence is valid in many areas allowing to you to hunt throughout (so long as dates overlap), the geographic restriction on the Gen is then only on the sex of and location of the kill. So my opinion is that is OK. MY opinion. But ask G&F although now I’m not sure if you even think THEY have the authority to answer you! It is all so confusing! LOL

You get of your side by side and walk and cross into the open area to shoot a big cow.

So how did you determine which BS email was official and which wasn't?

The one that supported your preconceived bias was the "official" BS email?

Every time I had a regulation question I called or emailed the head honcho directly. Seems to me an email with a return address of the Chief Game Warden is the email I'd want. The contact page isn't where I would go for regulation info.
I'm dealing with conflicting info from ODFW Licensing currently, different info from dept personnel isn't out of the norm from what I have seen.

Every time I had a regulation question I called or emailed the head honcho directly. Seems to me an email with a return address of the Chief Game Warden is the email I'd want. The contact page isn't where I would go for regulation info.
I'm dealing with conflicting info from ODFW Licensing currently, different info from dept personnel isn't out of the norm from what I have seen.
Bob it would take both hands to count the number of times I had to "help" a warden with info on regulations. In most cases, not all, it was recent changes they didn't know about. I'm not making excuses for them, because there should be proper notification to all personnel when regs change.

Bob it would take both hands to count the number of times I had to "help" a warden with info on regulations. In most cases, not all, it was recent changes they didn't know about. I'm not making excuses for them, because there should be proper notification to all personnel when regs change.
You mean like the one the ignored regarding NRs drawing super tags?

Or the one regarding youth elk regulations?

Or the corner crossing tickets that were ripped up?

Those types of things?

Not sure if anyone has to deal with building inspectors much, but you would be lucky to get the same answer twice from the same guy. I had a warden try to give me a ticket for to many red head ducks ,they were ring neck, not sure were a black head looked red. I wonder how many tickets people get that shouldn't .

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom