SABOTS VS. POWERBELT ???

300wbymann

just a question for the muzzy guys.

first, are they the same thing? is a power belt considered a sabot?

does the base come off of a powerbelt?

whats a more accurate bullet of the 2?

1 more question- do think it's possible to shoot 200 yars WITH OPEN SIGHTS? (no scope at all)

thanks-

In Colorado, Powerbelts are legal, sabots are not. They are not the same thing at all. The powerbelt achieves full bore diameter with the body of the bullet. The plastic on the end of the bullet is essentially just a gas check. The sabot utilizes a plastic sleeve so as the gun can shoot a smaller caliber bullet. A 200 yard shot is easily possible if you practice. I have seen alot of deer dumped in the 170-200 yard range in CO. Scopes are not legal here either.

It probably depends on what gun you are shooting. It seams most Thompsons like sabots better than conicals. My triump shoots 1" groups at 100 yards with a saboted bullet, but I can't get better than 4" groups with conicals. You will need to do some trial and error to really know. BTW, if you are just getting into it I would highly, highly recommend Blackhorn 209 powder.

is the blackhorn 209 powder the stuff jim shockey always uses?
if so, is it true you can shoot it 20+ times without cleaning your barrel?

and so is everyone agreeing, a powerbelt IS NOT a sabot?

>is the blackhorn 209 powder the
>stuff jim shockey always uses?
>
>if so, is it true you
>can shoot it 20+ times
>without cleaning your barrel?
>
>and so is everyone agreeing, a
>powerbelt IS NOT a sabot?
>

A powerbelt is is no way a sabot. It is legal in all states that sabots are illegal in. A sabot has a plastic hull, the powerbelt makes full contact with the bore, basically making it a modern version of a buffalo bullet.

Yes a powerbelt is not a sabot, it is a conical or full bore projectile.

BH 209 is excellent powder and I can easily shoot 20+ rounds without swabbing between shots and it is still easy to load. Jim Shockey does not use it.

Might want to check if bh209 is legal where you plan on hunting, Nevada banned it this year and Utah might ban it next year. But if it is legal it is the best hands down.

please more info on bh209,is it a pellet?...who makes it?
Thanks Jim

You don't have to be the best,just good
as the best,forget the rest.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom