raptor 700

desertpointbrian

Very Active Member
i am in the market for a sport bike. and i am looking for a bike i can take down to the sand dunes for the most part.but would be taking it trail riding as well.i know honda has a 700 coming out but in an article i read the bike is no good for the dunes and the atv magazine did not think to highly of it. i wanted to know if any of you have the raptor 700 and if you like it or had any problems thanks

LAST EDITED ON May-03-08 AT 03:47PM (MST)[p]Its an ok quad! but if you want more....just won't buy Yamaha no more.

http://www.can-am.brp.com/en-US/Vehicles/Renegade.800X/

ANY QUSTIONS?
I just bought a new 08' Honda Rincon GPS(668cc)camo $8290.00...Out the door! I wanted the best..(its only missing a locking front differential..!)
I only use it for hunting.
rackmaster

Can Am the ride says is all.

I have outlander max 800. I can't imagine how well the lighter renegade with the same engine performs.

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

I have the Raptor 700 and love it. I just got it a few months ago and havent taken it to the dunes yet but it has performed great where I have taken it. We have a couple riding areas around hereand it jumps great, has great acceleration and cornering. It does great on trails too, but if you have many larger size rocks I would invest in aluminum skid plates. I am almost down to the chain on the rear plastic stock skid plate.
All the reviews I have read putting it up against other larger engine sport bikes have put it near number one or two. Hold off on the honda 700. this is there first year with the 700 engine and the bike. I almost bought that one too but figured I would give it a few years for them to work out the new bike bugs. Look into getting the GYT-R exhaust and intake before you even leave the dealership. They add so much power you wouldnt believe. I have a few more things but my hands are getting tired. maybe ill add more later.

If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests?
funny_new_46.gif

The Raptor is a good quad for what your looking to do. Also check out the YFZ450 if you can ride it on trails. I like the Raptor but I like to go fast at the dunes :).

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom