Question for Kilowatt?

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Thursday morning I got up at 4:15 to go to work and the power was out. I staggered around with my flashlight, got in my truck, and backed out of the driveway. In the headlights I see that I backed over a power line in the road. I thought "Oh crap, I should have died. Should I have died?" But I didn't die.

Kilowatt, why didn't I die?

All I've ever heard was don't touch or drive over downed power lines.

We finally got power late last night.

Eel

I'm not a genius, but I think it has something to do with the rubber in the tires acting as an insulator from the electricity.

Same thing if a lighting bolt hits your car on the highway.

.....the difference between fireball and your wife eel is that fireball likes nasty emails.......

smitty is right, the tires would act as a insulator, but still a chance of things not coming out pretty.

also there is a chance of walking out of your house when one foot comes off the ground the electricty is looking for a path to ground and ka-boom. thats why if your ever in a wreck with powerlines you want to shuffle your feet, do not lift them

another possiblity is that the line was dead, the cut-outs down the line could of blown, or the utility company was on top of the problem.

Lol eel, I wanted to give you the scientific conductive/non conductive lecture, but I figured since you did not die on the day the Myans predicted your death your in good shape. Take care eel, Merry Christmas!!

Eelgrass,
nfl pretty much covered it for you Eel....so enjoy the rest of the month.

I might add if you are in a car, truck etc, and power lines come down onto the vehicle......stay put and wait till Electric Co. or others arrive and tell you to get out. These "low riders" around this area with them skinny meatless tires and large ugly rims not so sure about them BUT stay inside and wait till help arrives.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Overton told me it is because you have no soul and therefore are not a good conductor.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>I'm not a genius, but I
>think it has something to
>do with the rubber in
>the tires acting as an
>insulator from the electricity.
>
>Same thing if a lighting bolt
>hits your car on the
>highway.

Years ago I was skiing at Wolf Creek. Winds got nasty, so I decided to call it a day early. Put my skiis in the rack, got in the truck and, at the same time, felt a tingle and heard the pop. Looked around and the damage to my truck was that the antenna ball and about 2" of antenna were gone. Strange feeling.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom